1. Welcome To GMTruckClub.com!

The #1 Chevy Truck Forum Online
    Online since 2004, we are the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV forum and user community. If you have any questions about your Chevy or GMC Truck, SUV or Crossover, or just want to connect with other GM owners and enthusiasts around the world, you've found the best place on the internet to do that.

Join Today ~ It's Free
    Registering is Free and Easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

Newbie Question

Discussion in 'Chevy Suburban Forum (GMC Yukon XL)' started by lfinfl, Sep 22, 2009.

Random Gallery Photos

1. lfinfl

lfinfl New Member

Hey guys, I'm a new user to the forum. I had a question that I hoped someone could help me with. I am looking at 2005 1 owner z71 suburban with 73K on it. The truck looks to have been well maintained. It is for my wife. I was wondering how many miles I can expect on the 5.3 vortec. I know alot of it depends on maintenance, but just a ball park for that vehicle/engine. Any help would be great. Thank you in advance.

LFinFL
    2008 Tahoe LT2
  2. s5belford

s5belford New Member 1000 Posts 100 Posts

welcome to the site, and I would think you should be able to expect well over 200 on the engine
  3. retired2001

retired2001 New Member 1000 Posts 100 Posts

Welcome to the stie! Like Steve said, 200K should be a good target. Mine has 130k+ and still going strong and it is an '04. Good luck!
  4. DutchSuburban

DutchSuburban New Member

73.000Mi = 116.800Km is nothing but it has to be well maintained I don’t know how a average American citizen maintain his car but if the car is normal maintained and the formal owner didn’t abuse the car it’s no problem.
    Normal is well that some parts wares and when needed you have to replaced or has to come to that in the near future.
    Over here in Holland we say a car that runs about 100.000 to 125.000 Km (62.500-78.000Mi)then some costs are coming, like brake pads, exhaust ,battery, water pump, belts and stuff like that.
    But that’s on cars wits engines 1.4 Ltr 1.6 Ltr to 2.0Ltr they make more RPM’s (2.500 to 5.000 RPM)than the big engines that you have over there so the where’s are higher.