Newbie with a Duramax Kodiak C5500 Motorhome

Discussion in 'Member Introductions' started by Ricker1979, Jan 30, 2013.

1. Ricker1979

Ricker1979 New Member

I just bought a used motorhome on a 2008 5500 Kodiak chassis. The duramax diesel is new to me, my previous experiences have been with Powerstrokes. I figured I would introduce myself and start by asking for input from those of you who have experience with the Duramax can offer. I haven't taken delivery of the vehicle yet, but when I do, I know I will be asking some questions and reading through several of the previous posts. My first question, most engines have known weak points, I have heard only good things about the duramax, but is there anything I need to look into / watch out for? Like I said, I plan to do some digging and researching on this forum, so if this is already covered, probably is, point me to the thread. Thank you.

2. Enkeiavalanche

Enkeiavalanche Rockstar 4 Years ROTM Winner 5000 Posts

Congrats and Welcome to the Site... Would like to see some pics of that....?

3. SurrealOne

SurrealOne Former Member ROTM Winner 1000 Posts

Welcome! :great:

4. Ricker1979

Ricker1979 New Member

Thanks for the welcome.

I hope to add more pictures soon. I won't take delivery until Feb 9th, so I will try to add pictures shortly to my album soon after that date.

5. silverhobey

silverhobey Rockstar 3 Years 500 Posts

welcome to the site from a Canadian Member...can't wait to see some Kodiak pics....enjoy the site.

Brian...........:great:

6. donyms

donyms Rockstar 4 Years ROTM Winner 1000 Posts

Welcome to the club, it's good to have you. :glasses:

7. retired2001

retired2001 Epic Member 5+ Years 5000 Posts

Welcome to the G M T C ! Good luck with your new motor home. I got the 8.1 V8 in mine and it would have been better with the Duramax.

8. 20TahoeLT12

20TahoeLT12 Member 1 Year

Welcome to the site!!