1. Welcome To GMTruckClub.com!

The #1 Chevy Truck Forum Online
    Online since 2004, we are the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV forum and user community. If you have any questions about your Chevy or GMC Truck, SUV or Crossover, or just want to connect with other GM owners and enthusiasts around the world, you've found the best place on the internet to do that.

Join Today ~ It's Free
    Registering is Free and Easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

Newbie with a Duramax Kodiak C5500 Motorhome

Discussion in 'Member Introductions' started by Ricker1979, Jan 30, 2013.

1. Ricker1979

Ricker1979 New Member

I just bought a used motorhome on a 2008 5500 Kodiak chassis. The duramax diesel is new to me, my previous experiences have been with Powerstrokes. I figured I would introduce myself and start by asking for input from those of you who have experience with the Duramax can offer. I haven't taken delivery of the vehicle yet, but when I do, I know I will be asking some questions and reading through several of the previous posts. My first question, most engines have known weak points, I have heard only good things about the duramax, but is there anything I need to look into / watch out for? Like I said, I plan to do some digging and researching on this forum, so if this is already covered, probably is, point me to the thread. Thank you.
  2. Enkeiavalanche

Enkeiavalanche Rockstar 4 Years ROTM Winner 5000 Posts

Congrats and Welcome to the Site... Would like to see some pics of that....?
  3. SurrealOne

SurrealOne Former Member ROTM Winner 1000 Posts

Welcome! :great:
  4. Ricker1979

Ricker1979 New Member

Thanks for the welcome.

I hope to add more pictures soon. I won't take delivery until Feb 9th, so I will try to add pictures shortly to my album soon after that date.
  5. silverhobey

silverhobey Rockstar 3 Years 500 Posts

welcome to the site from a Canadian Member...can't wait to see some Kodiak pics....enjoy the site.

Brian...........:great:
  6. donyms

donyms Rockstar 4 Years ROTM Winner 1000 Posts

Welcome to the club, it's good to have you. :glasses:
  7. retired2001

retired2001 Epic Member 5+ Years 5000 Posts

Welcome to the G M T C ! Good luck with your new motor home. I got the 8.1 V8 in mine and it would have been better with the Duramax.
  8. 20TahoeLT12

20TahoeLT12 Member 1 Year

Welcome to the site!!