Newest Gallery Photos

1. Welcome To GMTruckClub.com!

The #1 Chevy Truck Forum Online
    Online since 2004, we are the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV forum and user community. If you have any questions about your Chevy or GMC Truck, SUV or Crossover, or just want to connect with other GM owners and enthusiasts around the world, you've found the best place on the internet to do that.

Join Today ~ It's Free
    Registering is Free and Easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

Newbie with a few newbie-like questions

Discussion in 'Member Introductions' started by Fraterado1855, Mar 18, 2013.

1. Fraterado1855

Fraterado1855 New Member

Hello all, I'm in Cincinnati and my profile is up to date.

Due to some recent mechanical issues with my Silverado and a increasingly large amount of rust; I have a feeling I will be very active on this forum.

Thought I am not new to message boards, the layout here is a bit different than I am used to.

A few questions to make sure I'm a pleasure and not a pest!

1. How do I make a "My Garage" entry? Is the intend here to be like a "Build Thread" where I can post continuous updates while not jamming other forum areas?
    2. Are there limited areas of the forum that I can post in until I am no longer a "Newbie"? Are the milestones/requirements to achieve non-newbie status provided somewhere?

Thanks!
  2. retired2001

retired2001 Epic Member 5+ Years 5000 Posts

Welcome to the G M T C ! I'm not sure about "My Garage" feature but the "Blog" feature could be used for "Build Threads". I'm sure you will get more infio' as more folks check in and say hello.
  3. Drake_korthos

Drake_korthos Rockstar ROTM Winner 100 Posts

Welcome to the site! The "My Garage" feature sort of can be used to display the current state of your vehicle. When you do maintenance, repair, or modification you can showcase it in the Garage. Like [MENTION=13195]retired2001[/MENTION] stated, the blogs are the best way to document the evolution of your truck! It's a great tool that many of us used for that particular reason (used it to document the evolution of my truck, and issues I ran into along the way).

As far as non-new places, there are only a few. They are only blocked off by the number of posts you've made on GMTC. Aside from that, you'll have full access to the whole site! Good luck, and great havin ya on board!

UPDATE:

Sorry folks, looks like the blogging feature was deactivated. If anybody else has an idea, I'd love to hear it as well! Here's the link about the deactivation: http://www.gmtruckclub.com/forum/showthread.php/114693-Can-t-Post-New-Blogs
    Last edited: Mar 18, 2013
  4. donyms

donyms Rockstar 4 Years ROTM Winner 1000 Posts

Welcome to the club, it's great to have you aboard. :glasses: