1. Chevy Truck Forum

Welcome To GMTruckClub.com!

The #1 Chevy Truck Forum Online

Online since 2004, we're the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV user community. If you have any questions about your Chevy or GMC Truck, SUV or Crossover, or just want to connect with other GM owners and enthusiasts around the world, you've found the best place on the internet to do that.

Join Today ~ It's Free

Registering is Free and Easy! Do it today and we'll see you on the forums soon!

Newbie with a problem

Discussion in 'Chevy Express Forum (GMC Savana)' started by Ruffus, Feb 21, 2012.

1. Ruffus

Ruffus New Member

Hi there. I've got a 2002 Express 1500 conversion van.
    When I shut my engine off, the blower motor is still getting power. Even turning off the main selector switch I still end up with a dead battery the next morning.

After hours of scouring the internet on a solution, it seem's changing the blower motor resister was said to fix it.

No dice. put in a new resistor & no difference.

Does anyone have an idea what the problem might be?

Thank's for any help you guy's can offer.

2. Ruffus

Ruffus New Member

I'm guessing this issue must be pretty rare.:grrrrrr:

3. Josh

Josh Member 100 Posts

i would pull the hvac unit out and see if possibly something is melted. maybe a short happend and jumped somehting causing constant power. if all fails. you can always un hook power wire and wire in a toggle switch to manually kick the blower on and off. be sure to use an inline fuse.

4. Ruffus

Ruffus New Member

Yeah, as soon as it warms up a bit here, I'll start probing the wiring harness. Tried a few days ago, but the wires & plastic sheathing are so cold they won't bend & I'm worried about breaking something from the cold brittleness.

5. moogvo

moogvo Epic Member 5+ Years 1000 Posts

Just a guess here, but maybe an ignition switch?

6. Ruffus

Ruffus New Member

Well diagnosing this problem is gonna be a bit harder now. About a week ago it went away. I have an idea what it is, but won't know for sure until I unwrap the wire loom. Have to fix it permanently because sure as **** it'll come back to bite me at the worst possible time :rules:

7. dipstick

dipstick Member 2 Years 100 Posts

How about the switch??

8. Ruffus

Ruffus New Member

Switch has always worked fine, both ignition & master fan control. There's got to be a bad wire or connection somewhere. I'm thinking it's a wire or 2 that has the plastic sheath abraded. I should know in a few days, finally supposed to be warm enough to work on it outside. Conversion top makes it too high to fit in the garage.:grrrrrr: