1. Welcome To GMTruckClub.com!

The #1 Chevy Truck Forum Online
    Online since 2004, we are the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV forum and user community. If you have any questions about your Chevy or GMC Truck, SUV or Crossover, or just want to connect with other GM owners and enthusiasts around the world, you've found the best place on the internet to do that.

Join Today ~ It's Free
    Registering is Free and Easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

Newbie with a question

Discussion in 'Lifted & Offroad Suspension' started by bmxr123, Jun 19, 2009.

1. bmxr123

bmxr123 New Member

I have a 00' single cab 2wd silverado...i ordered this leveling kit :

(http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/99-0...c0.m245&_trkparms=65:12|39:1|72:1205|240:1318

They are basically spacers that go above the springs from my understanding...But my question is what about the rear? Won't it look goofy?...I initially ordered them thinking i could adjust torsion bars on the rear only to find that only the 4wd systems run torsion bars. So, if i do want to level out the rear, what do i use?...I can't find a shackle lift or anything for the rear end for any 99 - 02 2wd silverados! If anybody has any insight i would be greatly appreciative!...

Mods/accessories:

Step rails
    Bed rails
    Front grill
    Front grill guard (looks a little off without the lift!)
    L.E.D. taillights ( i highly suggest these to anybody) they look cool!
  2. 5speedsilverado

5speedsilverado Epic Member 5+ Years 1000 Posts

welcome to the site, the point of a leveling kit is to bring the front end so that is sits the same hight as the rear end, and no i dont think it would look goofy
  3. bmxr123

bmxr123 New Member

i figured that much, but i was really just inquiring about lifting the rear if at all possible...Does anybody have just the front leveling kit on thier truck?..I want to get an idea of what just the front end lift would look like..if anybody has any pics, post em up!
  4. 5speedsilverado

redneckarmymp's truck has just a leveling kit

[​IMG]

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
  5. bmxr123

bmxr123 New Member

thanks for the pics guys!...wow, i can tell i'm gonna be on this site all day baby!...I was wondering if by any chance you guys have ever done the leveling kit yourself...the directions to these puppies were written by a friggin chinaman(no offense to the chinese..i hear they make good swords..haha..)if there are any quirks or things i should know...maybe some reading i should do before diving into this project fill me in!...
  6. 5speedsilverado

no problem, my truck doesn't have a leveling kit, so idk whats involved, hopefully someone else will pop in and give some advise, good luck:great:
  7. bmxr123

bmxr123 New Member

i like the truck though..have you done anything to it?
  8. 5speedsilverado

mine? no i haven't suspension wise, i have tires that are bigger then the stock ones
  9. Pete95Sierra

Pete95Sierra Epic Member 5+ Years ROTM Winner 1000 Posts

the leveling kits on 2wd are pretty easy to do as they are just spacers that go above the coils. Go to Auto Zone and rent a coil spring compressor. Jack the truck up and take the front wheels off. take out the springs using the compressor. Put in spacers and reinstall the coils. be careful with the compressors tho because there is a lot of force behind those coils when they are compressed.

As for lifting the rear you can get a set of 2" blocks that go under the leaf springs at auto zone for 30 bucks and i think you can use your stock U-bolts. if not they are relatively cheap anyway
  10. bmxr123

bmxr123 New Member

hey thanks, PETE95SIERRA...you've been a tremendous help!..i found those spacers for the rear at autozone...The front end gave me hell though!...I'll have pics soon...she's coming along nicely..