1. Welcome To GMTruckClub.com!

The #1 Chevy Truck Forum Online
    Online since 2004, we are the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV forum and user community. If you have any questions about your Chevy or GMC Truck, SUV or Crossover, or just want to connect with other GM owners and enthusiasts around the world, you've found the best place on the internet to do that.

Join Today ~ It's Free
    Registering is Free and Easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

Newbie with a questions about towing

Discussion in 'Chevy Silverado Forum (GMC Sierra)' started by stocksilverado, Jul 23, 2009.

1. stocksilverado

stocksilverado New Member

Hi I'm new. I have a question and I hope it does not seem stupid. I have a 2000 Chevy Silverado 1500 regular cab 2 wheel drive 4.8 V8. Ive not had it long. And I was wondering if I could tow a another stock Silverado 1500 with mine? I would use a trailer like the U-haul ones. Thanks. Again I hope this doesn't seem stupid!
  2. canislupis69

canislupis69 Epic Member 5+ Years ROTM Winner 5000 Posts

Welcome to the site...you should not have any problem at all.
  3. 2COR517

2COR517 Epic Member 5+ Years 1000 Posts

You should be fine. If your transmission is hunting (frequent upshifting/downshifting) manually downshift a gear and maybe slow down a few MPH.
  4. retired2001

retired2001 Epic Member 5+ Years 5000 Posts

Welcome to the site! Good luck towing the other pickup, shouldn't be a problem.
  5. 5speedsilverado

5speedsilverado Epic Member 5+ Years 1000 Posts

6. Long_John_Silverado

Long_John_Silverado New Member

most definitely! those lil regular cabs have plenty of towing capacity to handle that
  7. tattooed4life

tattooed4life Epic Member 5+ Years 500 Posts

Welcome to the site, your truck shouldn't have any problem pulling that, I went 100 miles to my uncle's shop with a 22ft car hauler and an 86' one ton on it with my 99 yukon. Made it just fine. Good luck!!
  8. L8brk

L8brk New Member

What is your gear ratio? My 07 NBS CC 4.8L has a 3.23 rear end and I think the max tow is around 4500# to 4600#.
  9. heavy chevy

heavy chevy Epic Member 5+ Years 500 Posts ROTM Winner

I think it is more like 7800 pounds You should not have a problem my 4.8 has guts and pulls very well.
  10. wayned

wayned Rockstar 100 Posts

4.8 3.23 gears 5200 lbs , 3.73 gears 7.200lbs.07 nnbs