Newest Gallery Photos

1. Chevy Truck Forum

Welcome To GMTruckClub.com!

The #1 Chevy Truck Forum Online

Online since 2004, we're the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV user community. If you have any questions about your Chevy or GMC Truck, SUV or Crossover, or just want to connect with other GM owners and enthusiasts around the world, you've found the best place on the internet to do that.

Join Today ~ It's Free

Registering is Free and Easy! Do it today and we'll see you on the forums soon!

Newbie with oil pressure question for 6.0 vortec

Discussion in 'GM Powertrain' started by thunderhawk, Aug 6, 2012.

1. thunderhawk

thunderhawk New Member

Hi! New to this forum and have a quick question. looking at buying an 09 crew cab chevy 2500HD 6.0 ohv VVT Vortec. test drove it tonight and really like it but noticed when idling it only has about 25 lbs. of oil pressure and when on the highway, at about 1800 rpm's (55 mph) it only has a little better then 40 lbs. truck has 83,000 miles on it and seems to be well maintained. does this seem to be the norm? are there any other issues i may want to be aware of with this powertrain and truck? thank you in advance for any help you may be able to provide.

Last edited: Aug 6, 2012
  2. dpeter

dpeter Rockstar 4 Years 500 Posts

That would be normal for me. About 5-10 better on cold start then settles down to those numbers when warm. 2000 yukon 5.3

3. rileyjr16

rileyjr16 Rockstar 3 Years 1000 Posts

That seems about normal to me as well.