GM Truck Club
THE PREMIER CHEVY TRUCK & SUV FORUM
Founded in 2004 ~ We're the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV Forum.
Silverado & Sierra | Tahoe & Yukon | Suburban & Yukon XL | SUV & CROSSOVER

Newbie with some questions....

Discussion in 'General Chevy & GM Tech Questions' started by Lakerfan73, Aug 24, 2008.

1. Lakerfan73

Lakerfan73 New Member

Hello all... I just purchased a 1982 Chevy Suburban 3/4 ton 4x4. I honestly don't know much about them. The one that I have is in pretty good shape. It has a newer GM Goodwrench 350. I would like to know how new though and dont know how to find out. Also I would like to find out what the tr4ansmission is and th transfer case.......if anyone knows or know how to find out please let me know...As far as I can tell right now the only thing wrong with it is that when I put it in park it will roll and click. Did some research and it seems that that it may be te parking pawl. Dunno.....Anyhoo...thank you for the look and help at this point would be greatful..
  2. 04sierracrewcab

04sierracrewcab New Member

:sign0016: keep us updated w pics.
  3. collinsperformance

collinsperformance New Member

to find the age of the motor you will need the serial (vin) number off the block and look it up. For the tranny and the transfere case you will need to do the same a service manual (Clymar-Hayes) or post a few pictures and some of us can tell you the part model but not the year of manufacture (unless you got the part numbers) is the tranny going all the way into park? mine was out of adjust ment and would "Hop" out of it if i released the shifter.....mike