1. Welcome To GMTruckClub.com!

The #1 Chevy Truck Forum Online
    Online since 2004, we are the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV forum and user community. If you have any questions about your Chevy or GMC Truck, SUV or Crossover, or just want to connect with other GM owners and enthusiasts around the world, you've found the best place on the internet to do that.

Join Today ~ It's Free
    Registering is Free and Easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

Discussion in 'Member Introductions' started by suka4luv, May 12, 2009.

1. suka4luv

suka4luv New Member

i live in abilene tx i have a 84 shortbed pick up paid 1600 for her. she is a good truck just needs a little tlc. paid a mechanic 800 for a rebuilt engine and transmission but i have nothing to show for it my truck still isnt running smooth and the trany is leaking all to hell i dont have 800 more dollars to throw away so i am thinking of trying to do the work myself. let me also mention i am not a mechanic. i draft and design for a living and know nothing about mechanics but i have to start somewhere. all help will be great so i will probly be asking alot of questions.
  2. vncj96

vncj96 Epic Member 5+ Years 1000 Posts

First off welcome, you have come to the right site for some great info!! Second, see if you can have someone else try and diagnose the tranny leak, then take it to the guy that "fixed" and have him check it, chances are they will come up with two different answers, try and get the that rebuilt the engine and tranny into a hard spot, he most likely wont say yeah its leaking, I must have done something wrong. If you can get some pics up of the leaks, anyone on this sight with tranny experiance can give you there opinion as well, just have firepower ready when you go back and tell the guy he did crappy work.
  3. jediracer

jediracer Rockstar 100 Posts

Welcome to GMTC!
  4. 01silverado4x4

01silverado4x4 New Member

Welcome to the site there is definatley lots of good info on here to help you along..
  5. Springthing

Springthing Epic Member 5+ Years 1000 Posts

Welcome to the GMTC. Good luck with all your issues... and hopefully the folks here will me able to help.
  6. suka4luv

suka4luv New Member

thanks

thanks guys for the warm welcome.
  7. bob13

bob13 Epic Member 5+ Years 1000 Posts

Welcome to the site!
  8. cascott325

cascott325 Epic Member 5+ Years 1000 Posts

welcome to the club
  9. retired2001

retired2001 Epic Member 5+ Years 5000 Posts

Welcome to the site!
  10. trimhalifax

trimhalifax Rockstar 100 Posts

Welcome. This is a great site.I've already gotten some great advice from here