1. Chevy Truck Forum

Welcome To GMTruckClub.com!

The #1 Chevy Truck Forum Online

Online since 2004, we're the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV user community. If you have any questions about your Chevy or GMC Truck, SUV or Crossover, or just want to connect with other GM owners and enthusiasts around the world, you've found the best place on the internet to do that.

Join Today ~ It's Free

Registering is Free and Easy! Do it today and we'll see you on the forums soon!

Discussion in 'Member Introductions' started by Tony D, Nov 27, 2010.

1. Tony D

Tony D New Member

Ok so I have lots of questions! I curently have a cold air intake and cat back dual exhaust but I want more!!What is the better way to go?Headers (Long or Short? and what is the difference?),Programmer,or MSD coils with new wires and plugs? I have the 5.3 with just 50,000 miles.Eventually want to add all of these but stuck on where to go from here! Also, what are some recomendations on brands? TD​

2. retired2001

retired2001 Epic Member 5+ Years 5000 Posts

Welcome to the G M T C ! You might want to check out the other sections for performance upgrades.

3. Metaluzc

Metaluzc Rockstar 4 Years 100 Posts

Long tubes for headers; most HP gain but you will have to do modifications to your exhaust, PaceSetter sales them for cheap if you're on a budget. Personal preference for a programmer/tuner would be a Diablo Sport Predator or the Trinity if you have the money. New plugs and wires can never hurt as long as you get the correct plugs, I believe AC Delco is the brand of choice for chevy.

4. 99'HEARTBEAT

99'HEARTBEAT Epic Member Staff Member 5+ Years ROTM Winner 1000 Posts Platinum Contributor

x2.....On what Metaluzc.....Has mentioned re-guarding Long Tube giving you the best bang for your....$$$.....and also on the Plugs......The Vortec engines run & perform better went using A/C Plugs......and the ones you want are A/C Delco Iridium Tip Spark Plugs.

5. silveradotrailblazer

silveradotrailblazer Epic Member 5+ Years ROTM Winner 5000 Posts

X3 on the long tube headers. I like the DynaTech or the American Racing Headers, there more money than some others but the quality is worth it. The MSD coils are to much money and you will only see a slight performance gain at the upper RPM range. X2 on what '99HEARTBEAT said about the spark plugs. Myself and alot of others on this site like the Diablo Preditor programmer. If your plug wires do need to be replaced than I would go with the MSD's. They hold up well to header heat.

6. Bigbomber

Bigbomber Rockstar 4 Years 5000 Posts

Welcome to the site!

7. mfleetwood

mfleetwood Rockstar 4 Years ROTM Winner 5000 Posts

Welcome!!!

8. Vincennes02261897

Vincennes02261897 Rockstar 4 Years 1000 Posts

X4 on the long tube headers! I think you'll see some great results from that. After that you may want to look into a programer so that you can get it all tuned up properly.

Welcome to the club!

9. murdog94

murdog94 Epic Member 5+ Years 5000 Posts

Welcome aboard!