1. Welcome To GMTruckClub.com!

The #1 Chevy Truck Forum Online
    Online since 2004, we are the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV forum and user community. If you have any questions about your Chevy or GMC Truck, SUV or Crossover, or just want to connect with other GM owners and enthusiasts around the world, you've found the best place on the internet to do that.

Join Today ~ It's Free
    Registering is Free and Easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

Newest Additions to the truck

Discussion in 'Chevy Truck Accessories' started by sstoner911, Nov 23, 2010.

1. sstoner911

sstoner911 New Member 1000 Posts 100 Posts

I finally got the new sub box installed and complete. I also installed the Extang RT Tonnaeu cover. I was worried about the quality and how sturdy it might be but after installing it I am very impressed with this soft cover.

I took it to the car was today and it only leaked slightly where there is a gap between the tailgate and the body of the truck. The cover also came with thier tailgate seal for free which should fix that problem.

I purchased the cover from AutoAnything for $377 - free shipping - free tailgagte seal.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]
  2. ntbush83

ntbush83 New Member 1000 Posts 100 Posts

Lookin good man! Thats a crazy sub box set up! I've always wanted to see your setup! So that box funnels the air and noise through your bed and into your cab?
  3. sstoner911

Yes....it has to chambers...there are ports in each chamber. The ports extend into the cab. Inbetween the cab and bed the ports have that accordian rubber boot around them like what you would have between a camper shell and the cab of the truck.

My first box had two 8" Kicker L7s....this time I upgraded to two 12" JL Audio W3s. This box is slightly larger and I had them do a plexiglass front and some Red LED lights in the box.
  4. ntbush83

ntbush83 New Member 1000 Posts 100 Posts

Is there a big difference in sound? What gave you the idea of that setup?
  5. sstoner911

The box is what they call a 7 th order box......who first designed that type of box should be given a medal of some sort!

This box is extremely efficient....you could have half the power of someone with the same subs and be louder....alot louder. When I was picking up the truck thee was another customer with an avalanche with two kicker L7 12s.....my installer brought him out to hear my truck.

After he heard it he told me my setup was alot louder and cleaner than his. He had his subs coming through his back wall of the truck....a blow through also.

With my volume at 15 you barely see the subs move....at 20 they are moving good...any louder your can't sit in the truck because your head starts to hurt and youcan't see straight.

On the 4th of december iam taking the truck to a MECA audio competition to see how it fairs with the guys who are serious audio gear heads.
  6. MPC-Silverado

MPC-Silverado New Member 100 Posts

I am not super crazy about your rims they are not that bad just not my personal style (not that it matters its your truck lol) but that truck looks very very VERY nice! super clean look you did it right!
  7. mfleetwood

mfleetwood New Member 1000 Posts 100 Posts

OMG..that looks soooo sweet! I only wish I could hear it live and in person. You coming to Denver soon?
  8. Bigbomber

Bigbomber New Member 1000 Posts 100 Posts

Love the sub boxes!
  9. sstoner911

You know mike I want to go to denver to see my broncos play at mile high...i have a cousin that lives thee with her family too. I have family in grand junction which is where I was raised also. When I we go we will have to try and meet up.
  10. mfleetwood

mfleetwood New Member 1000 Posts 100 Posts

Sounds great. I am sure I will hear you coming way before you actually get here. Too bad the Broncos are doing better this year....what a disappointment.