1. Welcome To GMTruckClub.com!

The #1 Chevy Truck Forum Online
    Online since 2004, we are the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV forum and user community. If you have any questions about your Chevy or GMC Truck, SUV or Crossover, or just want to connect with other GM owners and enthusiasts around the world, you've found the best place on the internet to do that.

Join Today ~ It's Free
    Registering is Free and Easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

Newest member/picked up a 99 GMC Suburban

Discussion in 'Chevy Truck Talk & GM News' started by sbrodacz, Oct 31, 2012.

1. sbrodacz

sbrodacz New Member

Hi everyone,

I recently picked up a 99 GMC Suburban k1500. She has just over 122000 miles. Overall she's in really good condition. The driver seat is a little warn out, everything else looks like new. The rear view mirror reads the temp but it's not correct. Any idea on how to fix this? I am not sure if the thermostat is stuck open. Temp runs right around 160 degrees. The service engine soon light came on today. I had the code read at autozone. It's the oxygen sensor. I'll be replacing it tomorrow. I also noticed the light on the 4x4 button doesn't work all the time. I am not sure if this is normal or not. It feels like the 4x4 works just the yellow light doesn't stay lit. I have the flip down tv with the VHS player under the seat. Does anyone know if I can swap the VHS player out with a DVD player?

I'm adding sea foam tomorrow. Is there anything you guys recommend I do? It's an amazing truck and I'd like to keep her as long as possible.