1. Welcome To GMTruckClub.com!

The #1 Chevy Truck Forum Online
    Online since 2004, we are the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV forum and user community. If you have any questions about your Chevy or GMC Truck, SUV or Crossover, or just want to connect with other GM owners and enthusiasts around the world, you've found the best place on the internet to do that.

Join Today ~ It's Free
    Registering is Free and Easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

Newest Pic.

Discussion in 'Photo & Video Gallery' started by 15silverado00, Mar 7, 2009.

1. 15silverado00

15silverado00 Rockstar

Went and took some pic's yesterday afternoon.

[​IMG]
  2. TRPLXL2

TRPLXL2 Epic Member 5+ Years 1000 Posts Platinum Contributor

Your truck looks like it is posing for a GM brochure shoot, very nice quality picture. I really like the brush guard on your truck, and It would look even better if your truck had a lift kit of course! If I remember right I think you did have plans to lift it, If not then just call me crazy! Great start to an up and coming high roller!
  3. Springthing

Springthing Epic Member 5+ Years 1000 Posts

You need a rollbar / lightbar in back of that thing to match your guard! Very nice picture.
  4. 15silverado00

15silverado00 Rockstar

Thanks guys! I do plan on lifting it, i need to sell my street bike first though.

The rollbar would be sweet but i dont know if i could sacrifice my toolbox!
  5. anthonyl9

anthonyl9 Rockstar 100 Posts

GREAT PHOTO....:great:
  6. 15silverado00

15silverado00 Rockstar

7. ippielb

ippielb Epic Member 5+ Years ROTM Winner 1000 Posts

This is just my $0.02 but the toolbox kind of sticks out like a sore thumb. I think it would look good with one that was flush with the box.
  8. TRPLXL2

TRPLXL2 Epic Member 5+ Years 1000 Posts Platinum Contributor

Why should you have to sacrifice your toolbox? I have two solutions for your toolbox/roll bar dilemma, but either way you have to get rid of your existing tool box.

1st idea: Get an under the bedrail height tool chest, they come in various widths. If you get say a 36" tool chest and mount it against the bulkhead, you will have room on either side of the toolbox for the down tubes and mounting plates of the roll bar. The plates are roughly 6" wide, and a single/single roll bar requires you to drill a total of 16-1" holes in your bed. (4 on each wheel well, and 4 in each corner of the front of the bed)

Now if drilling all those holes isn't your thing, then my second idea might be better for you.

2nd idea: Get one of the Go Rhino Lightning bars, they mount using your existing bed stake pocket holes. This will allow the entire roll bar to set on top of your bed rails, no drilling at all! :happy: As far as the toolbox goes in this case, you can get the storage chest as mentioned earlier BUT this time you can get the full width box that fits flush with the height of the bed rails. This way you can get the best of both worlds, without losing any of your storage space.

The first idea I have in my S-10 minus the toolbox, but I have seen that done with the REAL roll bar. And the second idea I have the lightning bar but no toolbox, I have my roll bar bolted to my tonneau cover. Hope this info helps you out, and here are a couple pictures for you to ponder over.

BTW: the roll bar comes in black too, so it will match your brush guard!
    Pricing Estimate: 1st idea between $2,000-$3,000 2nd idea between $1,000-$1,500

http://www.gmtruckclub.com/forum/attachment.php?attachmentid=2127&stc=1&d=1236465422

http://www.gmtruckclub.com/forum/attachment.php?attachmentid=2128&stc=1&d=1236465422
    Last edited: Mar 7, 2009
  9. 15silverado00

15silverado00 Rockstar

My step brother gave it to me so im not complaining. It's a big tool box andit has alot of space so its not that bad really.

I need to get my lift before i do anything!
  10. ct9a

ct9a Epic Member 5+ Years 1000 Posts

A lift would look great on that truck. Very photogenic.