1. Chevy Truck Forum

Welcome To GMTruckClub.com!

The #1 Chevy Truck Forum Online

Online since 2004, we're the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV user community. If you have any questions about your Chevy or GMC Truck, SUV or Crossover, or just want to connect with other GM owners and enthusiasts around the world, you've found the best place on the internet to do that.

Join Today ~ It's Free

Registering is Free and Easy! Do it today and we'll see you on the forums soon!

Newly Installed Dynomax Superturbo Catback System is Too Loud

Discussion in 'Performance & Fuel' started by mjalstad, Jun 18, 2009.

Newest Gallery Photos

1. mjalstad

mjalstad Rockstar 100 Posts

So I just finished installing my Dynomax Cat back exhaust system today and it seems a little too loud for what I thought it was going to be. I wanted something that would sound throaty and strong and not be too loud so I got the super turbo muffler as everything I have heard about it is that it is one of the quietest performance mufflers around. It is incredibly loud and makes backfiring noises and I am not very happy with it. Has anybody else tried one of these out before? My Suburban had custom duals with a Flowmaster (don't know what kind) and it was not anywhere nearly as obnoxious as this one. Do they need to break in to quiet down or something?

2. yotchie

yotchie Rockstar 100 Posts

i have only heard one dynomax before and like you said i was not overly impressed. i dont know what kind it was though. i put a genaric magnaflow muffler on my 04 silverado. when i found out what it sounded like after havin a buddy do a drive by for me. i was actually impressed. but i still think i want a bit louder. so i was gonna look into flowmaster. but it could be worth a look if your not going to get desired sound from your current set up.

3. 2ToNe04

2ToNe04 Epic Member 5+ Years 1000 Posts

i bet it sounds like a beast :)

if you dont like it ill trade LMAO

4. Marcus

Marcus Rockstar

i had an aero turbine installed on 5.3L because i have heard them on that motor before and really liked it. I liked the way it sounded when going down the road but it wasn't very loud idling so I had it side dumped to make it louder when it idled.