Newly installed pushbar / bullbar on 1999 Suburban

Discussion in 'Chevy Truck Accessories' started by Springthing, Apr 6, 2009.

1. Springthing

Springthing Epic Member 5+ Years 1000 Posts

So order, received, and installed a Smittybilt pushbar/bullbar/bumper guard. Overall I'm happy with it, it's what I was expecting.

The instructions were a little vague as they often are for items like this. The bolts don't really match what's in the instructions, the wording is confusing, but all in all it wasn't too difficult to figure out.

I'd read about another install not too long ago on a brush guard. The tow hooks caused a problem and had to be taken off. I was a little worried because I wasn't thrilled about losing them. I like the looks of them there. Fortunately I was able to invert the tow hooks and re-install them that way. The only difference, really, is that instead of following the contours of the lower front end they now angle down a little. Not noticeable hardly.

Here is a picture I took, quickly, of how it looks installed. A pair of offroad lights will be installed on it, in the near future, as will a pair of tinted fog lights and most likely a set of emergency strobes just to add a little more 'zing' and add to the stock flashing hazard lights.

If you are looking for an accessory to add to your truck with a minimum of hassle, as it stands, I would suggest this add-on.

I'll see how it does in the coming months and give an update.

Apologies on the low-light picture. The sun had all but set!

[​IMG]

New photo edit***

[​IMG]

Last edited: Apr 7, 2009
  2. Dr_Zero

Dr_Zero Epic Member 5+ Years 500 Posts

Looks good! :great:

Was wondering about one of those myself but didnt want to lose my hooks.

3. Springthing

Springthing Epic Member 5+ Years 1000 Posts

Difficult to see in that picture but they're still there! I'll post a better picture in the near future.

4. tlperry68

tlperry68 Epic Member 5+ Years 1000 Posts

The Sarge got tougher over night!
    Looks damn fine!

5. TRPLXL2

TRPLXL2 Epic Member 5+ Years 1000 Posts Platinum Contributor

Ooooooh now I see said the blind man! Well now that is going to be interesting to mount lights on that without obstructing the license plate, but alas I have another idea. Why not put two black magic Hella's behind that stealthy black grille, that way when they are shut off you won't be able to see them. Or you could mount a set of lights upside down on the bottom bar, but you would have to make sure that they are meant to be hung upside down. Although that might be too low to the ground, I don't know but you will figure something out I know it. Looking better by the minute, keep us posted on the other mods.:glasses:

6. 95CTburb19

95CTburb19 Epic Member 5+ Years 1000 Posts

I'm guessing you'll be putting the lights on top of the bull bar? That should look pretty sweet. Any idea what lights you'll be going with? Walmart specials? :glasses:

7. Pete95Sierra

Pete95Sierra Epic Member 5+ Years ROTM Winner 1000 Posts

looks good dude, those lights are startin to grow on me a little. its still weird to see them like that :lol::lol:

8. jerrynino

jerrynino Rockstar ROTM Winner 100 Posts

i like it alot.. not too much, but just enough

9. MWright936

MWright936 Epic Member 5+ Years 1000 Posts

Looks nice man! Can't wait to see the rocker pods on there too!

10. bry2500

bry2500 Epic Member 5+ Years 1000 Posts

Looks good. Very clean appearance.