Newman from Texas

Discussion in 'Member Introductions' started by dude, May 6, 2012.

1. dude

dude New Member

Hello all! I'm a new guy (newman)to this forum. I hail from La Grange, TX All of my friends call me "dude".I own a 1989 C2500 Silverado. I bought this truck in 1990 when it had 35K miles. It now has 114,000 miles and is still all original. I'm planning on this fall starting an off frame restoration. The body is in really good shape with no rust or dents, but the silver paint is flaking off and the black is fading bad on top of the cab. I did a five year hitch in Northern Michigan, and the salt really played haveck on the chassis. I figured the truck is in good enough shape to make the investment to restore. I will be looking for a few parts (speakers, new bench seat) and possibly do a valve job while I have it down(starting to smoke when I start it). I look forward to chatting with you.

dude

2. rileyjr16

rileyjr16 Rockstar 3 Years 1000 Posts

Welcome aboard. Great group of people here and always willing to help with any problems you may have. We're suckers for pictures on here too.

3. ChevyBoy2009

ChevyBoy2009 Rockstar 4 Years 500 Posts

Welcome to the site!:great:

4. GMCErica

GMCErica Rockstar 3 Years GMTC Chick 1000 Posts Platinum Contributor

Hi....WELCOME TO GMTC!!! :) Enjoy the site....

5. SurrealOne

SurrealOne Former Member ROTM Winner 1000 Posts

We are the Borg. Lift your vehicle and surrender your keys. We will add your biological and technological distinctiveness to our own. Resistance is futile. Erm, I mean ... welcome to GM Truck Club, "dude"! :great:

6. Jeremy09LTZCrew

Jeremy09LTZCrew Epic Member 5+ Years 1000 Posts

Welcome to the site. I love restorations. Be sure to post plenty of pics before, during and after. Good to have you join us here.

7. Dirty Dog

Dirty Dog Member 2 Years 500 Posts ROTM Winner Platinum Contributor

:sign0016:Welcome to the club and enjoy the site......

8. donyms

donyms Rockstar 4 Years ROTM Winner 1000 Posts

Welcome to the club Dude, It's very good to have you with us. :glasses:

9. retired2001

retired2001 Epic Member 5+ Years 5000 Posts

Welcome to the G M T C, Dude !

10. LOVINTHESTORM

LOVINTHESTORM Active Member 2 Years ROTM Winner 1000 Posts

Welcome to the club. You'll find plenty of help here.