1. Welcome To GMTruckClub.com!

The #1 Chevy Truck Forum Online
    Online since 2004, we are the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV forum and user community. If you have any questions about your Chevy or GMC Truck, SUV or Crossover, or just want to connect with other GM owners and enthusiasts around the world, you've found the best place on the internet to do that.

Join Today ~ It's Free
    Registering is Free and Easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

Next-Generation Chevy Colorado to be built in Wentsville, Missouri

Discussion in 'Chevy Colorado Forum (GMC Canyon)' started by ChevyFan, Jun 26, 2013.

1. ChevyFan

ChevyFan Administrator Staff Member 5+ Years 5000 Posts

Today GM announced their plans to official plans to invest $133-million into production facilities at its Wentsville, Missouri Assembly and Stamping plant. This additional investment amount in the Wentsville plant brings the total midsize pickup investment to $513-million.

This is good news for GM Truck fans, as Wentzville is already undergoing construction for production of GM’s next-generation midsize pickups, the Chevrolet Colorado and GMC Canyon.

The additional investment will provide an additional 114,000 square-feet to boost the manufacturing process. The Wentsville assembly plant is the production home for the Chevrolet Express and GMC Savana full-size vans as well.

“Our investment in a third stamping press is a win for the business, Wentzville employees and our customers,” said Larry Zahner, manufacturing manager, GM North America. “Stamping parts where we assemble vehicles improves manufacturing efficiency and contributes to the high level of quality our customers deserve.”

Wentzville Assembly employs approximately 2,000 employees across two shifts. The new press will increase the plant’s capacity in stamping fenders, doors and other key components for the new pickups and full-size vans.

GMC2012052153283_PV.jpg GMC2011110436935_PV.jpg

GMC2011110436938_PV.jpg GMC2011110436941_PV.jpg

GMC2011110352069_PV.jpg

Last edited: Jun 26, 2013
  2. ChevyFan

lol, not a lot of love for the new Colorado on here huh?
  3. KyleZ71

KyleZ71 Rockstar 4 Years 500 Posts ROTM Winner

I think it's awfully ugly. It gave up its truck heritage for that of an Arcadia's
  4. stchman

stchman Active Member 1 Year 1000 Posts

The Colorado and Canyon when they came out were quite possibly the most hideous trucks on the planet.

I am assuming the new Colorado is just a re-badged Holden Colorado, if yes, it is definitely a vast improvement over the one that left.
  5. FrigginNoodles

FrigginNoodles Rockstar 3 Years 500 Posts

:gasp:

Not a fan of these.
  6. McClintoc

McClintoc Active Member Staff Member 2 Years 1000 Posts Platinum Contributor

I think most of us that drive full-sized pick-ups have no love for mid-sized pick-ups, but that's just my opinion. The old S-10s were respectable but the Colorado is a down-grade from an S-10, IMO.
  7. BurbanMan

BurbanMan Member 1 Year 500 Posts

Agree entirely. I like the 1st gen canyon/Colorado but not enough to own one. The gen 2 looks even worse than the pos Malibu! I thought that would never happen, but once again I was wrong mister!
  8. ChevyFan

I'm going to hold judgement until I actually sit in one. My dad had a fully loaded '98 GMC Sonoma 4x4 and that was a great little truck, used to take it up to the mountains and yes it was tight but it got the job done.
  9. benoit230

benoit230 Member

it reminds me of a Honda Ridgeline... and those things are ugly as F. On the other hand a turbo diesel in one of these sounds like an awesome idea haha.
  10. songkrai

songkrai New Member

I'm on my 2nd Colorado. 4X4. Great truck.

And I'll get one of the new ones.