1. Welcome To GMTruckClub.com!

The #1 Chevy Truck Forum Online
    Online since 2004, we are the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV forum and user community. If you have any questions about your Chevy or GMC Truck, SUV or Crossover, or just want to connect with other GM owners and enthusiasts around the world, you've found the best place on the internet to do that.

Join Today ~ It's Free
    Registering is Free and Easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

Next Generation Silverado ~ 2014 Chevy Silverado Video

Discussion in 'Chevy Silverado Forum (GMC Sierra)' started by ChevyFan, Jul 12, 2012.

1. ChevyFan

ChevyFan Administrator Staff Member 1000 Posts

Here's your first look at the next generation of Chevy Silverado.

First Look at Next Generation Silverado

Here's your first chance to see the next generation Silverado with some footage caught during rigorous testing of towing a weighted trailer near the General Motors proving grounds in Yuma, Arizona. What would you most want to see in the next generation Silverado? — at Yuma, Arizona.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=o9NnnzVHyT8

What does everyone think?
    Don't be shy, tell everyone what you think and let your voice be heard for what you're looking for in the Next Generation of Chevy Silverado. After all, it's not just GM's truck, it's OUR truck! Remember, you can vote Thumbs Up or Thumbs Down on any YouTube video that we host as well.

• Love it?
    • Hate it?
    • Not Sure?
    Last edited: Jul 18, 2012
  2. Megasaurus

Megasaurus Member

not all that much to the video! I want more!!!
  3. ProzacKid

ProzacKid New Member

That got my attention. I agree - there is not all that much to see in the video, but at least they're working hard on the next generation.

I wonder how much they're towing in the bed of that trailer? Any guesses? 2500 lbs total maybe trailer and all?
  4. K15 Blazer Guy

K15 Blazer Guy New Member

looks pretty ugly....
    as if that whole front end (all molded plastic, made in china) would completelybreak apart if you rode low over a parking curb...

but its ok, a new one is only $2,500.....

Lets also install a back up cam (made in mexico) because we designed it withhuge blind spots...

OH, and then lets charge $50,000.00 for the whole thing........
    makes me sick dude

5. ChevyFan

ChevyFan Administrator Staff Member 1000 Posts

So what do you really think? :)
  6. K15 Blazer Guy

i think its sad they got a bailout lol

most people make 30K a year and this truck is over 50K depending on the engine options. Ive seen dealer stickers of over $70,000.

and most of it is chineeze plastic, and chineeze programmed controll software.... :(
  7. Chevy Girl

Chevy Girl Member Platinum Contributor

i think people need to lighten up, things change all the time and we can't go backwards. also, i think it's too hard to tell in this stage, it looks a bit beefier on the front end, like the camaro got a beefier front end and it looks totally different than the last generation of camaro. i think the silverado is going to have to change to fit these trends as well.
  8. Radiogoon

Radiogoon New Member

That's a 2014 043 LTZ. '13 will look just like '12. The '14 has a few nice surprises you can't see in this footage.
  9. K15 Blazer Guy

Will the "few nice surprises" be an affordable price, with a washer and dryer?

oh no, wait... thats a house... a home is as much as a pickup......
  10. Radiogoon

Radiogoon New Member

Depending on the neighborhood. Wish I could have gotten my house for what I paid for my truck.