1. Welcome To GMTruckClub.com!

The #1 Chevy Truck Forum Online
    Online since 2004, we are the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV forum and user community. If you have any questions about your Chevy or GMC Truck, SUV or Crossover, or just want to connect with other GM owners and enthusiasts around the world, you've found the best place on the internet to do that.

Join Today ~ It's Free
    Registering is Free and Easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

Next Generation Silverado ~ 2014 Chevy Silverado Video

Discussion in 'Chevy Silverado Forum (GMC Sierra)' started by ChevyFan, Jul 12, 2012.

1. ChevyFan

ChevyFan Administrator Staff Member 1000 Posts

Average income in the US is like $45k actually, that includes the 18 year old who's just out of high school, 24 year old recent college grads and 50 year old masters and professionals. More than enough people earn enough to buy all that GM can make ... they're just over leveraged to the hilt, have to make priorities. I'm in the same boat, family and other issues keep me from jumping in and buying a new vehicle this year (well, right now anyhow).

Ok, enough of the Hatorade, this page has been viewed 7,500 times in less than a week, what's everyone else think?
  2. SurrealOne

SurrealOne Former Member ROTM Winner 1000 Posts

I have no interest in a new truck. I very specifically bought a used NBS so that I'd get something I could upgrade into the modern age (backup cam, touch-screenaudio with bluetooth and navigation) ... without the annoying features that I loathe on the NNBS -- namely TPMS and AFM. When it's finally time for my transmission to be redone I'll do some research about getting a non-AFM 6spd tranny (if that's even possible) and some vette servos.

Basically, if I have it my way, the truck in my signature is the truck I'll own when I die...
  3. ChevyFan

ChevyFan Administrator Staff Member 1000 Posts

... one day I will have a garage big enough for me to do some cool projects again. Right now I don't have that much space! My man cave is just big enough for tools, yard gear, bikes, cars and a couple of stools where I can sit and dream about having a bigger garage/man cave.
  4. SurrealOne

SurrealOne Former Member ROTM Winner 1000 Posts

Your man cave is bigger than mine, as I'm in an apartment with no man cave of my own. For the last year I have basically driven ~50 miles (each way) in order to use dad's shop and garage ... which is where my tools are parked. I also do most of my work out in the open, as my truck is too long to fit in the garage unless I take up both bays. I barely squeek in under the 7' door, too. :)

If I get the home that I've currently got under contract then I'll have a 2-car garage of my own AND an external mower shed with power. I'm sooo looking forward to that. I wish the seller's bank would hurry up and decide. (It's a short sale, so the seller's bank has some say...)
  5. ToddAnderson

ToddAnderson Member

i kinda like the look of it, i can't say that i know anything of the total vehicle package with just this little bit of information though. will be waiting to learn more and see what chev has in store for us.
  6. Jimmeh

Jimmeh New Member

That video sucked. I guess we'll have to wait to see more. Then I'll throw in my .0159 (after taxes, that is what my opinion is worth).
  7. PantheraUncia

PantheraUncia Active Member 1000 Posts

8. AlpacaSteve

AlpacaSteve New Member

Video doesn't give much detail, but I for one will be glad when trucks go back to being trucks, rather than large luxury vehicles. Anyone priced an LTZ anything recently? For the difference I don't think you could fit all the $$s into the bed of the truck.

Guess it's time to go pick up another load of hay...
    Last edited: Jul 29, 2012
  9. boos sierra 2500hd

boos sierra 2500hd New Member

Definitely not a 2013 3500hd I picked mine up a couple weeks ago and they are just like the 2012..
  10. shurshot

shurshot New Member

I am a die hard GM fan and with the exception of 2 vehicles they are all I have ever bought. With that said I disliked the look of the "cat eye" chevy's that I waited until the NNBs came out then bought a 2009 model. I have to agree with what several people have stated on here which is; 1) I do not like that they received a bailout as I am a small business owner and I have to shoulder the responsibilities of my decisions and not ask anyone for a handout. 2) the prices of vehicles these days had just become ridiculous, but that is human greed for you. As far as the new truck goes I still don't have enough info to form an opinion so I will wait and see the official model and then test drive before I decide if I will get a Silverado or Sierra.