1. Chevy Truck Forum

Welcome To GMTruckClub.com!

The #1 Chevy Truck Forum Online

Online since 2004, we're the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV user community. If you have any questions about your Chevy or GMC Truck, SUV or Crossover, or just want to connect with other GM owners and enthusiasts around the world, you've found the best place on the internet to do that.

Join Today ~ It's Free

Registering is Free and Easy! Do it today and we'll see you on the forums soon!

next performance upgrade help???

Discussion in 'Performance & Fuel' started by npverhey1, Jan 25, 2010.

1. npverhey1

npverhey1 Rockstar

so i put all the usual suspects on so far...Intake, Exhaust, and a programmer...Im thinkin maybe some headers or a cam or both

any ideas or input would help a lot!

2. JennaBear

JennaBear Rockstar 100 Posts

Headers, cam, blower.

3. Metaluzc

Metaluzc Rockstar 4 Years 100 Posts

Go with headers, I installed a set of BBK Performance Headers on my 2003 Silverado 2500HD 6.0L and coupled with the MBRP Cat-back exhaust I can feel better acceleration, throttle response, and power. Most sites/people claim an instant boost of 20HP from headers. I would also suggest a throttle body, I see you have a throttle body spacer so installing the throttle body could add another 10-15HP.

4. npverhey1

npverhey1 Rockstar

wait you mean like do the throttle body as well as just a spacer?

5. JennaBear

JennaBear Rockstar 100 Posts

The throttle body spacer isn't doing anything for you performance wise, just adding a whistle. Unless you are planning on going FI, I wouldn't waste your $$$ on a larger throttle body.

6. J_chevyman

J_chevyman Rockstar

Re

Headers and a cam dude!!!:great: