1. Welcome To GMTruckClub.com!

The #1 Chevy Truck Forum Online
    Online since 2004, we are the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV forum and user community. If you have any questions about your Chevy or GMC Truck, SUV or Crossover, or just want to connect with other GM owners and enthusiasts around the world, you've found the best place on the internet to do that.

Join Today ~ It's Free
    Registering is Free and Easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

NGK Spark plugs for 350?

Discussion in 'Performance & Fuel' started by Ethan, Nov 30, 2011.

1. Ethan

Ethan Rockstar 100 Posts

2. murdog94

murdog94 Epic Member 5+ Years 5000 Posts

Nope even the TBI motors prefer AC plugs. but since you are right on the edge when was the last time the motor had a full tune up?
  3. Ethan

Ethan Rockstar 100 Posts

Not too long ago, put on a new cap and rotor about 9 months ago, new MSD ignition coil about 6 months ago. Spark plugs and plug wires were about a year and a half ago. I know the catylic is 17 years old, but I put it on a gas analyzer and it passes, but just barely. I gaped the plugs to .060 instead of .035 and it made an improvement emission wise.

I've always liked NGK plugs, I use them in all my small motors and they are just awesome, extremely hard to foul, so I figured the Iridium's for my chevy would be even better.

What would you recommend?
  4. 2COR517

2COR517 Epic Member 5+ Years 1000 Posts

AC Delco CR43TS, gapped at .035.
  5. Ethan

Ethan Rockstar 100 Posts

Can't use copper top plugs with this ignition setup, tried it, and melted the electrodes and caused massive missfires. Even the manual recommends at minimum platinum plugs for this truck.
  6. murdog94

murdog94 Epic Member 5+ Years 5000 Posts

AC delco iridiums.
  7. silveradotrailblazer

silveradotrailblazer Epic Member 5+ Years ROTM Winner 5000 Posts

X2, A/C Delco irridiums.:great:
  8. 2COR517

2COR517 Epic Member 5+ Years 1000 Posts

Any pics of these melted electrodes?
  9. Ethan

Ethan Rockstar 100 Posts

Nah, it was a few years ago. I conducted a cylinder balance test, and it easily showed each cylinder was kinda out of wack, put in the AC Delco Platinum's and they were all balanced.

My truck uses a high voltage ignition system, which is why it melted the copper top plugs, copper top plugs are cold plugs, and I needed hot plugs, which platinum's are.

So I'm looken for these plugs? http://www.summitracing.com/parts/ACF-41-110/
    Last edited: Dec 2, 2011
  10. 99'HEARTBEAT

99'HEARTBEAT Epic Member Staff Member 5+ Years ROTM Winner 1000 Posts Platinum Contributor

Below is from A/C Delco's Online Part Catalog......its a Platinum Plug.......for a 1994" With a 350,

[TABLE]
    [TR]
    [TD="align: center"][​IMG][/TD]
    [TD="width: 30, align: center"] [/TD]
    [TD]SPARK PLUG ASM
    Part Number: 41-803
    Product Notes:
    Platinum Spark Plug
    Reg cab ; 2WD ; .035 GAP

Per Vehicle: 8; Years: 1989-1994[/TD]
    [/TR]
    [/TABLE]