Nice little ice storm here..

Discussion in 'MO - Missouri Chevy Truck Club' started by Springthing, Jan 27, 2009.

1. Springthing

Springthing New Member

Rain/sleet/ice rain has been going on and off for almost 24hrs now... it's just after 1:30pm on Tuesday.

I'll have to go and grab some pictures - ice storms always offer some great photographic opportunities.

How is everyone fairing?
  2. werty

werty New Member

i cant wait till it gets here 10 to 15 of de snow..............:great:
  3. retired2001

retired2001 New Member

it is about 40 degrees here with a little bit of moisture. It feels a lot colder though!
  4. DaveyBoyo

DaveyBoyo New Member

Today has been gorgeous - sunny and warm (for january). The next 24 hours will not be, however..but as a landscaper, snow is money.
  5. cascott325

cascott325 New Member

well, it started about midnight as freezing rain, then to snow and sleet, then more freezing rain. the temp has steadied around 32 deg. F and is still raining, so the ice has been gradually building. we'll just have to wait to see what comes to be
  6. Springthing

Springthing New Member

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Up to about 1/2" of ice on everything right now... all the 'top' surfaces are at about over an inch of ice. Woot! Branches out in the woods out back are all cracking and breaking. Wonderful sound, but nervous about the power lines!
  7. 04sierracrewcab

04sierracrewcab New Member

It was 82 degrees today when I got in my truck after school today around 3.
    Its supposed to get pretty cold this evening (Well cold to us.. yall prolly going to make fun of me) .. about 40! . brrrr :)

How/Can you open your doors ect. when they are under an Inch of Ice???
  8. Springthing

Springthing New Member

You have to break the ice all around the perimeter of the door and then de-ice the handle...
  9. 04sierracrewcab

04sierracrewcab New Member

ohhh That sounds like a whooolllee lot of fun! lol
  10. Springthing

Springthing New Member

oh ya..!..then the stuff melts... you're washing the truck one day.. wonder how your door got all banged up and creased...
  11. 95CTburb19

95CTburb19 New Member

We're supposed to get 8+ inches of snow here by tomorow evening. C'mon no classes tomorrow!:glasses:
  12. tbplus10

tbplus10 Moderator

What the heck did ya have to send the ice to Texas for?
    The cold weather is crossing the Red River towards DFW, at least it waited until after rush hour.
    It dropped to freezing at 8am today and hovered there all day. Between 6pm and midnight the temp is supposed to drop to 22/23 with rain and sleet and stay there until noon tomorrow. May not sound like a big thing to you guys in the snow belt but for Texas this is bad, we usually get a light snow storm and no more than 15 days a year below freezing. Our average this time of year is in the low 50's.
  13. Springthing

Springthing New Member

Well, snow is one thing.. but this type of stuff is just dangerous!Ice on top of frozen water covered by more ice... and sleet on top of that... Road & Bridge are having problems keeping up. Need to take more picture... the freezing rain is just not stopping.
  14. Springthing

Springthing New Member

Well, had a line go down, across my step-son's car, up the drive way, across the street, and down a few houses. Not sure what kind of line it is... no power line that I can see. Still a little nerve-racking though!

[​IMG]
  15. Pete95Sierra

Pete95Sierra New Member

i wish we got more snow down here in south jersey. i dont want to go to class tomorrow. here is a pic from an ice storm we had back home a couple weeks ago.

[​IMG]
  16. tlperry68

tlperry68 New Member

Ryan,
    It was a whopping 70 over here today. It will get to about 55 by morning.
  17. werty

werty New Member

SNOW!!!just starting here!! cant wait to take the 84 3/4 ton out when i get home to plow....as long as all those hondas and fords stay outa the way on the way home!!!!:great:
  18. z71boiler

z71boiler New Member

The ice is pretty bad here in Lexington KY. I was moving tree limbs out of the way on the way to work and dodging weighted down limbs over the roads. Now the snow is starting. Glad I have a vehicle that makes getting out in this fun, but nice enough to keep me from getting wreckless. :money:
  19. Springthing

Springthing New Member

Took the wife and future daughter-in-law to work earlier. No one out but a handful of 4wd... all the business are pretty much all still closed up for the second day in a row.

Got the suburban in 4wd.....aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaand of course the Service 4WD light came on and now it won't go back into 2wd. Ggggrrrrr!! Thought I had that problem fixed by replacing the switch!!!

Oh well.. at least it got INTO four wheel drive.

Hope everyone is fairing well.
  20. werty

werty New Member

what a bummer
    good liuck with the 4x4...:grrrrrr: