Nice place

Discussion in 'Member Introductions' started by NastyZ28, Jul 7, 2010.

1. NastyZ28

NastyZ28 New Member

I posted some stuff, so I'll say "hi". I found this place by googling for my newly fluttering fuel guage needle (holy ### is my fuel pump about to take a dump? - nope, it's just the cluster punching out - don't worry about it) while out on the road on a trip. Noticed it catered to suburbans so I registered.

I'm a long time suburban owner. I've had 2, a 1990 and now a 1999. Both 1/2 tons. each has pros & cons. I've worked around the cons and improved both to accomodate what I do.

I travel, tow & camp with my suburban. I camp INSIDE the truck (usually) and tow cars, and haul people (family of 5) and cargo, long distances. And the suburban is perfect.

I just got back from Carlisle PA & CT. 2000+ miles and still getting it done. Turned right around and hauled my kids to camp, then went up to the mountains of NC.

I affectionatly refer to my suburban as my "redneck RV".

Here's both of my trucks... the white one replaced my blue one. I kept the engine & trans for 1 of my Z's and gave the truck to a friend. My blue 1 was beat with 245K on it and I wanted improved safety equipment in the replacement. Since that picture i've personalized my suburban. It was initially a stock pig but that's all been fixed.

[​IMG]

2. phiestand

phiestand New Member

Welcome. I'm new as well - finding lots o info here.

3. Eddie Z71

Eddie Z71 Epic Member 5+ Years 1000 Posts

Hi, and welcome to the site! Glad to have you here! Nice looking rides!

4. retired2001

retired2001 Epic Member 5+ Years 5000 Posts

Welcome to the GMTruckClub!

5. murdog94

murdog94 Epic Member 5+ Years 5000 Posts

Welcome aboard.