1. Welcome To GMTruckClub.com!

The #1 Chevy Truck Forum Online
    Online since 2004, we are the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV forum and user community. If you have any questions about your Chevy or GMC Truck, SUV or Crossover, or just want to connect with other GM owners and enthusiasts around the world, you've found the best place on the internet to do that.

Join Today ~ It's Free
    Registering is Free and Easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

Nice to find a Great owner of a business !

Discussion in 'The Coffee Shop ~ Chit Chat' started by JTWard, Nov 20, 2013.

1. JTWard

JTWard Member 1 Year Gold Member 100 Posts

I think I've commented a number of times how the restoration of my 1990 2WD Silverado was going. And yesterday I had the truck back to the body shop whom I had do all the bodywork and painted it. Well it was there to have that drivers door body side molding replaced, GM still carries the part, so I left it with the owners son and walked home. Well the next day the owner called and said it was done and that he'd pick me up to go get the truck. Well 2 years ago, maybe a bit less, we repainted the truck just as it came from the factory, save for the tan colored 1/2" wide strip that runs the length of the truck and the owner of the shop told me he had contacted 3M as we had replaced the tan strip for a 3m Gold strip as it would now match the lower portion of the body and I noticed the problem , but I didn't say anything about it ( the strip is developing cracks every 3-6 inches) and he said that was unacceptable from them. So I call him back as I had said I still have the 3M roll and gave him the 3M part number and he said he'll get 3M to pay for the removal and install of a " new" 3M package of 72770 0.5 inch tape. He said that tape should of held up at least 5 years. It's nice to know someone's got your back. :happy:

Attached Files:

2. Conlan Rose

Conlan Rose Active Member 2 Years 1000 Posts

The truck looks stunning!!
  3. Enkeiavalanche

Enkeiavalanche Rockstar 4 Years ROTM Winner 5000 Posts

WOW... That looks Great.... :great:
  4. fugitive

fugitive Member

Stock is cool! Nice rig.
  5. BurbanMan

BurbanMan Member 1 Year 500 Posts

That looks amazing!
  6. Pikey

Pikey Active Member Staff Member 2 Years ROTM Winner 1000 Posts

Wow! that truck looks great.
  7. JTWard

JTWard Member 1 Year Gold Member 100 Posts

Thank you All, this is what it looked like before we found each other : $(KGrHqF,!nsF!IhT3EifBQNkq2,Cq!~~60_12.jpg