1. Welcome To GMTruckClub.com!

The #1 Chevy Truck Forum Online
    Online since 2004, we are the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV forum and user community. If you have any questions about your Chevy or GMC Truck, SUV or Crossover, or just want to connect with other GM owners and enthusiasts around the world, you've found the best place on the internet to do that.

Join Today ~ It's Free
    Registering is Free and Easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

Nissan Frontier roof rack on a Avalanche?

Discussion in 'Chevy Truck Accessories' started by Enkeiavalanche, May 11, 2013.

Random Gallery Photos

1. Enkeiavalanche

Enkeiavalanche Moderator 1000 Posts 100 Posts

Well since I have the soft top on I need a place to mount my Kayak and Bike. The bike can fit in the bed under the top but not a Kayak.. So I was looking at racks
    for ontop of the cab..

What do you think? DSCF1692.jpg DSCF1693.jpg DSCF1694.jpg DSCF1695.JPG DSCF1697.jpg DSCF1698.jpg DSCF9037 (800x600).jpg
  2. tbplus10

tbplus10 Super Moderator Staff Member Platinum Contributor 1000 Posts 100 Posts

Length looks good, width might be slightly narrow.
    On the plus side the Nissan rack has nice big feet to spread out the weight.
    Those front feet come close to the windshield, not sure how much room there is behind the windshield for fasteners and how well the curve of the feet will adapt to your roof line.
    A layer of rubber between the feet and windshield could make up the difference, maybe a scab plate under the roof at each foot to help hold things together.
  3. Enkeiavalanche

I've been looking at it for a while the width is good BUT the Onstar/XM ant might be in the way.. I do like the way it looks and sweeps back towards the soft top.. I gotta see if I can find one in a junk yard..
  4. tbplus10

tbplus10 Super Moderator Staff Member Platinum Contributor 1000 Posts 100 Posts

Two options on the shark fin, either notch the foot, or my choice move the ant inboard a few inchs.
  5. RayVoy

RayVoy Active Member 1000 Posts 100 Posts

Looks heavy duty, the curve of the feet might be the only draw-back. Not interested in the stock GM racks?
  6. Enkeiavalanche

Nope I like the looks of this one much better Unless... HHHmmm I can get a rack and shorten it from a 06 (only ) Z71 Suburban the chrome one..
  7. RayVoy

The Caddy rack is chrome.
  8. Enkeiavalanche

Nope look at a Z71 Tahoe or Sub.. in 06 they made it chrome NOT on the Caddy's
  9. RayVoy

Hmmm, but you have an '08, your '06 thing has me confused. I think the '08 Escalade EXT has chrome side rails.
  10. SurrealOne

SurrealOne Former Member 1000 Posts 100 Posts

If you get the front plate for the Nissan racks (which have Nissan branding on them, so you'd obviously have to paint it) you'd have a new place for lights to be mounted! Or, you could try like hell to find one of these (also from Nissan) from an Xterra:
    [​IMG]