1. Welcome To GMTruckClub.com!

The #1 Chevy Truck Forum Online
    Online since 2004, we are the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV forum and user community. If you have any questions about your Chevy or GMC Truck, SUV or Crossover, or just want to connect with other GM owners and enthusiasts around the world, you've found the best place on the internet to do that.

Join Today ~ It's Free
    Registering is Free and Easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

Nitrogen filled tires on Suburban / Yukon XL ??

Discussion in 'Chevy Suburban Forum (GMC Yukon XL)' started by Hairscrambler, Jul 10, 2013.

1. BurbanMan

BurbanMan Member

Odd. I've spoke with several people that use it and even use it myself. Verdict is in.... I get 2mpg increase in fuel mileage and improved tire wear. Read all you want, but first hand personal experience always prevails...
  2. RayVoy

RayVoy Active Member 1000 Posts

BurbanMan, welcome to the club; but, how is that possible?

Pressure is pressure, round is round. Air is 78% nitrogen, you've replaced the remaining 22% with nitrogen and picked up a 10 to 14% improvement in mpg.
    Sorry, can't buy it.
    Last edited: Jul 31, 2013
  3. unsub

unsub New Member

If you do get that claimed extra 2 MPG that comes from keeping your tires properly inflated, the nitro has nothing to do with it. I could claim many reasons for getting an extra 1-2 mpg and all of them would be more legit than nitro in my tires. I'm not going to reply here anymore just because I think it's a pointless conversation.
  4. stchman

stchman New Member 1000 Posts

The city I live in provides free nitrogen tire inflation. I figure when I get some time, I will go up and have it done. If I can get it for free why not, but I don't expect any measurable increase in fuel economy.
  5. BurbanMan

BurbanMan Member

That's what I did 6mo ago