1. Welcome To GMTruckClub.com!

    The #1 Chevy Truck Forum Online
    Online since 2004, we are the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV forum and user community. If you have any questions about your Chevy or GMC Truck, SUV or Crossover, or just want to connect with other GM owners and enthusiasts around the world, you've found the best place on the internet to do that.

    Join Today ~ It's Free
    Registering is Free and Easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

Nitrogen filled tires on Suburban / Yukon XL ??

Discussion in 'Chevy Suburban Forum (GMC Yukon XL)' started by Hairscrambler, Jul 10, 2013.

  1. BurbanMan

    BurbanMan Member 1 Year 500 Posts

    Odd. I've spoke with several people that use it and even use it myself. Verdict is in.... I get 2mpg increase in fuel mileage and improved tire wear. Read all you want, but first hand personal experience always prevails...
  2. RayVoy

    RayVoy Well-Known Member 2 Years 1000 Posts

    BurbanMan, welcome to the club; but, how is that possible?

    Pressure is pressure, round is round. Air is 78% nitrogen, you've replaced the remaining 22% with nitrogen and picked up a 10 to 14% improvement in mpg.
    Sorry, can't buy it.
    Last edited: Jul 31, 2013
  3. unsub

    unsub Member 1 Year

    If you do get that claimed extra 2 MPG that comes from keeping your tires properly inflated, the nitro has nothing to do with it. I could claim many reasons for getting an extra 1-2 mpg and all of them would be more legit than nitro in my tires. I'm not going to reply here anymore just because I think it's a pointless conversation.
  4. stchman

    stchman Active Member 1 Year 1000 Posts

    The city I live in provides free nitrogen tire inflation. I figure when I get some time, I will go up and have it done. If I can get it for free why not, but I don't expect any measurable increase in fuel economy.
  5. BurbanMan

    BurbanMan Member 1 Year 500 Posts

    That's what I did 6mo ago

Share This Page