Nitrogen filled tires on Suburban / Yukon XL ??

Discussion in 'Chevy Suburban Forum (GMC Yukon XL)' started by Hairscrambler, Jul 10, 2013.

1. BurbanMan

BurbanMan Member 1 Year 500 Posts

Odd. I've spoke with several people that use it and even use it myself. Verdict is in.... I get 2mpg increase in fuel mileage and improved tire wear. Read all you want, but first hand personal experience always prevails...

2. RayVoy

RayVoy Well-Known Member 2 Years 1000 Posts

BurbanMan, welcome to the club; but, how is that possible?

Pressure is pressure, round is round. Air is 78% nitrogen, you've replaced the remaining 22% with nitrogen and picked up a 10 to 14% improvement in mpg.
    Sorry, can't buy it.

Last edited: Jul 31, 2013
  3. unsub

unsub Member 1 Year

If you do get that claimed extra 2 MPG that comes from keeping your tires properly inflated, the nitro has nothing to do with it. I could claim many reasons for getting an extra 1-2 mpg and all of them would be more legit than nitro in my tires. I'm not going to reply here anymore just because I think it's a pointless conversation.

4. stchman

stchman Active Member 1 Year 1000 Posts

The city I live in provides free nitrogen tire inflation. I figure when I get some time, I will go up and have it done. If I can get it for free why not, but I don't expect any measurable increase in fuel economy.

5. BurbanMan

BurbanMan Member 1 Year 500 Posts

That's what I did 6mo ago