1. Welcome To GMTruckClub.com!

The #1 Chevy Truck Forum Online
    Online since 2004, we are the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV forum and user community. If you have any questions about your Chevy or GMC Truck, SUV or Crossover, or just want to connect with other GM owners and enthusiasts around the world, you've found the best place on the internet to do that.

Join Today ~ It's Free
    Registering is Free and Easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

Nitto Terra Grapplers on DC-1 Black

Discussion in 'Lifted & Offroad Suspension' started by XJeremy23, Feb 28, 2008.

1. XJeremy23

XJeremy23 New Member

2002 Tahoe, stock height, looking to purchase a wheel and tire package with Nitto Terra Grapplers on Dick Cepek DC-1 black wheels. I can't decide between 265/75R16 or 265/70R17. Any suggesstions? The 16x8 wheel has 4.03" backspacing and the 17x9 has 4.53" backspacing. May go with a lift and larger tire in the future on same wheels.
  2. finalday7

finalday7 Epic Member 5+ Years ROTM Winner 1000 Posts

Well both should fit just fine. The 16" rim will give you a couple more tire options in the future but if it was me personally I'd probly go 17 because to me it looks just a little bit better. But that's just my .02 :great:
  3. Pete95Sierra

Pete95Sierra Epic Member 5+ Years ROTM Winner 1000 Posts

I agree with finalday... I love the DC-1 wheels they are a good choice... 16's are prob stock and tires will be cheaper, but 17's will just plain old look better
  4. XJeremy23

XJeremy23 New Member

Thanks for the replies. I think 17s will look better also. Going with a little wider tire I was wondering how the difference in backspacing between the 16 and the 17 will affect the placement of the tire. Anybody know the backspacing of the factory 16x7 to give me an idea.