Nitto Trail Grapplers

Discussion in 'Lifted & Offroad Suspension' started by Tidmore, Oct 22, 2009.

1. Tidmore

Tidmore New Member

I'm looking for some new tires and i came across Nitto's new tire, the trail grappler mt. It is a cross between the terra grappler and mud grappler. It looks very aggressive like the mud grappler but also is supposed to run as quiet as the terra on the road. Has anyone heard of them or is anyone running them? Here is a link to them.

http://www.nittotire.com/#index.tire.trailgrappler

Also would an 2006 z71's sit higher off the lot than a 2004 z71 would? Asking because i have seen people run 35's with just a leveling kit on an 06 but i didn't know if it would work with an 04.

2. canislupis69

canislupis69 Epic Member 5+ Years ROTM Winner 5000 Posts

Not sure about those, but I have the Toyo Open Country MT's and they are very quiet on the road...pricey, but quiet.

3. Shorty 71

Shorty 71 Epic Member 5+ Years ROTM Winner 1000 Posts

I like those new nittos! I have the toyo mt's and am very happy with them, pretty quiet for such a meaty tire.

4. wallstetter

wallstetter Rockstar ROTM Winner 100 Posts

i agree with the toyos i have them and i have 40,000 miles on them and still have a good amount of tread left plus they are quiet on road

5. gfitzge33

gfitzge33 Member

ya i been thinking about the trail grapplers too. they look badass but i havent heard much about yet. because they so new.

6. AJ's Sierra

AJ's Sierra Rockstar

yah how much are they?

7. 54silverado54

54silverado54 New Member

those tires are actually very nice tires but they are loud...and if you drive fast like around turns and through the town they tend to waer down faster

8. SoCal Chevy

SoCal Chevy Rockstar 100 Posts

i saw these in truckin about a month ago. they look so sick. i would have taken these over my bfg's if they made them at the time. they said they were just coming out this month to so i havent heard of any feedback on them yet

9. Chevyman224

Chevyman224 Rockstar 100 Posts

seem like really nice tires

10. Tidmore

Tidmore New Member

Well as much as i loved the look of those trail grapplers, i gotta go with my budget. This past weekend i bought a set of 33 in terra grapplers with some black eagle alloy wheels. :great: Im putting them on with a leveling kit when i go home for thanksgiving. I might go ahead and put on a 3 in body kit too. I plan to put a 6 in and 37's on this summer so i'm going to go ahead on put on the body lift while i put the leveling kit on.