1. Welcome To GMTruckClub.com!

The #1 Chevy Truck Forum Online
    Online since 2004, we are the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV forum and user community. If you have any questions about your Chevy or GMC Truck, SUV or Crossover, or just want to connect with other GM owners and enthusiasts around the world, you've found the best place on the internet to do that.

Join Today ~ It's Free
    Registering is Free and Easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

Nitto vs BF Goodrich ~ Tire Comparison

Discussion in 'Wheels & Tires' started by Country270, Sep 20, 2012.

Random Gallery Photos

1. Country270

Country270 New Member

Alright guys I am do for some new tires and have only ever had Cooper STT mud tires on my truck I am tired of the road noise, ride and especially the price so I need some advice on a all terrain tire. I have narrowed it down between the Nitto Terra Grappler and the BF Goodrich All Terrain TA KO. Thanks in advance for the help fellas.
  2. SurrealOne

SurrealOne Former Member 1000 Posts 100 Posts

I don't buy BF Goodrich because the tire portion of the Goodrich business was sold to Michelin in 1988 ... and Michelin is a French-owned company. The French stand against the U.S.A. at the U.N. table so much I elect not to put money in their pockets any time I have a choice.

By comparison, Nitto is owned by Toyo ... and Toyo is a Japanese company. They're strongly allied with us, so I reward them monetarily. (I'm running Trail Grapplers on my truck.)

That may not have been the kind of input you were after, but it's input that may prove useful to you depending on your level of patriotism and whether or not you vote with your wallet based on it. When I get down to similar products and can't decide, I tend to take this kind of perspective to help me decide.

Enjoy!
  3. Country270

Country270 New Member

I never knew that about Goodrich, but I sure as hell appreciate you informing of it. You have officially made up my mind. Thanks for the information and your time.
  4. ChevyBoy2009

ChevyBoy2009 New Member 100 Posts

I LOVED my Nitto Terra Grapplers on my last truck before i sold it!...new truck came with BF Goodrich AT KO's and i do like the look of them ALOT and have only 2k on them...so my choice is NITTO!
  5. SurrealOne

I'm glad you found it useful. I look forward to hearing how you like your Terra Grapplers, since I considered those and the Trail Grapplers ... and had enough off-roading needs to slant me toward the Trails instead of the Terras. I'm looking forward to some pics, too!
  6. reggiecab2000

reggiecab2000 Member 100 Posts

both are good tires, but i will never put a set of bfg ta kos on my truck, no matter how many good things i hear about them... I just hate how they look and personally find nothing appealing about them especially the outrageous price they desire... now that being said, i am currently running terra grapplers and i am LOVING them! already had some people come in to my work to get new sets and ive asked them how much theyve gotten out of their set and have heard at least 3 people saying they got at least 60,000 miles on them :) Im looking forward to my tires performing great and lasting a long time! they are wearing amazingly right now and the only slight bit of road noise i get is simply because they are 305's, any all terrain tire that fat and bigger is gonna have some noise. but nothing near a mud terrain howl. go for terras, you wont regret. unless your just a mudslinger, go for MT.
    best of luck!
  7. ahmitchell1

ahmitchell1 New Member 1000 Posts 100 Posts

I use nittos a lot on my street and track cars but I stick to my cooper stt on my truck,because I have yet to find a tire that looks and performs as well as they do while I get 50k plus out of them and only pay 800 dollars. But you are right they are loud but I can't hear them when I'm on the gas
  8. Country270

Country270 New Member

Alright fellas I finally saved up the money to buy some tires and wheels. The wheels were unexpected, and is why it took so long to get back to yall. I went with 295 70 18 Nitto Trail Grapplers, even though I said i didn't want to go back to Mud tires I just couldn't pass up the look, The wheels are 18" KMC XD series "SPY". Thanks again for all of your input.

IMAG0001.jpg
    Last edited: Nov 14, 2012
  9. Sierraowner5.3

Sierraowner5.3 New Member 1000 Posts 100 Posts

looks mean dude!

Alex
  10. SurrealOne

I love the look! And you can feel confident about STILL not having gone back to MT's, as Trail Graps are somewhere between an AT and a MT (i.e. they are not truly a MT). :)