1. Welcome To GMTruckClub.com!

The #1 Chevy Truck Forum Online
    Online since 2004, we are the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV forum and user community. If you have any questions about your Chevy or GMC Truck, SUV or Crossover, or just want to connect with other GM owners and enthusiasts around the world, you've found the best place on the internet to do that.

Join Today ~ It's Free
    Registering is Free and Easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

Nittos 305/60/18 almost fit...

Discussion in 'Lifted & Offroad Suspension' started by BSmith1987, Oct 3, 2010.

1. BSmith1987

BSmith1987 New Member

Well last week I put on the ready lift 2.25 leveling kit and I took my old 2” block from my 2006 and swapped it out with the 1” block that came on my truck as well removed the lower air dam on the front and my truck was sitting pretty good.

Friday I took it back up to the dealer to get my bed-liner sprayed in and my tires install. When I showed back up to get it the truck was still on the alignment machine and I walked back and looked and the tires fully cleared all of the fenders. So I was really happy about that but then the next day I was still inspecting and went to a empty parking lot to just make sure everything was good and turned the wheel all the way and could fell something rubbing so I got out to take a look and the sidewall of the tire barely rubs the A arm at full lock. So now I just don’t turn the wheel all the way and no problem though.

[​IMG]
  2. Silverado2010

Silverado2010 New Member

Truck looks good. Could you post a closeup of one of the wheels? Also what transmission and gear ratio are you running?

Thanks,
    Joe
  3. ahmitchell1

ahmitchell1 New Member ROTM Winner 1000 Posts

Truck looks good man
  4. Bigbomber

Bigbomber New Member 1000 Posts

Truck looks really nice!
  5. silveradotrailblazer

silveradotrailblazer New Member ROTM Winner 1000 Posts

Truck looks good. The tire rubbing seems to be normal for some of the NBS's with leveling kits. It rubs on a smooth surface so it shoudn't hurt anything.
  6. ajarman

ajarman New Member ROTM Winner 1000 Posts

I wonder if the rubbing issue would be the same for a 305/65 17 with a 2.25 level kit. I was looking at getting 305's rather than 285's. Those New tires look really good!!
  7. BSmith1987

BSmith1987 New Member

Thanks Guys

---------- Post added at 07:37 PM ---------- Previous post was at 07:36 PM ----------

The 6speed with 3.42

---------- Post added at 07:39 PM ---------- Previous post was at 07:37 PM ----------

Whats NBS?

---------- Post added at 07:40 PM ---------- Previous post was at 07:39 PM ----------

yeah probably... but it really isnt bad