1. Welcome To GMTruckClub.com!

The #1 Chevy Truck Forum Online
    Online since 2004, we are the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV forum and user community. If you have any questions about your Chevy or GMC Truck, SUV or Crossover, or just want to connect with other GM owners and enthusiasts around the world, you've found the best place on the internet to do that.

Join Today ~ It's Free
    Registering is Free and Easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

NNBS 4" Rancho lift on my '07 Silverado

Discussion in 'Lifted & Offroad Suspension' started by silverado469, Sep 8, 2011.

1. silverado469

silverado469 Rockstar ROTM Winner

What's up guys. I finally pulled the trigger on the rancho lift and a set of 325/60r18 Falken Wildpeak at's.*

*Here's some pics I took at one of the old sand quarries by my house*

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

IMO the tires look a lot meaner in person than in the pics and they are very quiet so far. *It was raining all day yesterday and they did great I the rain so so far no complaints.*

Fender measurements are at 44" at all 4 corners *and I did leave half of the 1" TGC spacer in to get it level. The only rubbing I had was on the front drivers side. The tire was rubbing on the plastic in the front of the wheel well at full lock so I grabbed my knife and trimmed it up a bit.*

Overall I'm very happy with the lift. It went together well and rides great with the 9000XL Shocks. And my angles seem to be pretty good.*

The only problem I am having is I'm intermittently *getting the emergency brake light and traction control lights on. And when they come on the e-brake light doesn't stay on the whole time. If anyone has any info or experience on this it would be appreciated.*
  2. Rockstarrchevy81

Rockstarrchevy81 Rockstar 3 Years ROTM Winner 1000 Posts

The trucks lookin good man nice job! What kind of grille is that a Paramount Restyling that you had painted? I like it and the color matched bowtie i'm gonna have the RBP look alike from Paramount restyling sometime end of the year or early next year it's Black mesh with black border with chrome rivets. I'm also getting custom made grille emblems made and badges for $300 gonna be one of a kind. Lol i can spend $600 and will look WAY better than the RBP for still less that 1/2 the price!
  3. silverado469

Thanks man! And yeah that's the paramount grille and I like it a lot, good quality. It's gonna look good when your done with it
  4. ajarman

ajarman Rockstar 4 Years ROTM Winner 1000 Posts

Looks great! When I got mine installed I had the T/C and Stablitac lights on and they would come on somewhere between 20-45mph. I got a second alignment done and codes never came back. Not sure if that helps, but that is what happened to me.

What offset are your wheels? I am close to pulling the trigger on some wheels with 0 offset but just not 100% sure.
  5. silverado469

thanks man! and yeah i got it aligned so maybe ill do another one in a few weeks. my brake fluid was also low so im not sure if that might have had anything to do with it but i filled that up on my way home from work this morning and the lights didnt come back on. Did you have it aligned to the rancho specs?

the wheels are +14mm offset, 5.5" backspacing and i just clear the upper ball joint by like a 1/4 of an inch so the 0 offset you want would be perfect
  6. ajarman

Great news on the 0 offset than. I had to get 10mm spacers for the front to run the stock 17's because of the upper ball joints.

The place that installed the lift said they did an alignment, but used the factroy specs. I work out in the sticks of SC and found a guy that does alignments on lifted trucks and he uses a 2x4 and chalk. Dont know much about it, but it was dead on when I picked up the truck and have not seen a light ever sence.

I put my lower air dam back on after the lift, but I am re-thinking that now I see yours with it off!!
  7. silverado469

sounds good man thanks for the advice....and yeah im glad i took that air dam off when i did the leveling kit. it looks mean without it on now with the lift..you should definitely take it off lol
  8. adampaul1964

adampaul1964 Epic Member 5+ Years ROTM Winner 1000 Posts

Good looking truck, the Rancho lift really is a nice set up. Alston, I say take off the valance and get pics or video of him doing the 2x4 alignment! That's classic!
  9. silverado469

thanks man, and yeah im very happy with the rancho kit. the truck rides amazing with the kit and the 9000xl shocks
  10. ajarman

The kit and 9k's really do ride well. I have mine set at 5 up front and 7 in the rear.

Consider the air dam removed boys! When I get another one done I will be sure to film this old timer work. I really dont understand how he did it but he did a helluva job!