GM Truck Club
THE PREMIER CHEVY TRUCK & SUV FORUM
Founded in 2004 ~ We're the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV Forum.
Silverado & Sierra | Tahoe & Yukon | Suburban & Yukon XL | SUV & CROSSOVER

NNBS Moulding Removal...

Discussion in 'Chevy Truck Accessories' started by Jeremy09LTZCrew, Apr 24, 2012.

1. Jeremy09LTZCrew

Jeremy09LTZCrew New Member

Has anyone on here removed their mouldings on their NNBS Silverado/Sierra? I've been contemplating it for a while, but I haven't seen it and am having trouble deciding if it will give me what I'm hoping for.
  2. Enkeiavalanche

Enkeiavalanche Moderator

Don't worry it's like Pulling a tooth. Just grab it and PULL!!!!! :gasp: Kidding.. A heat gun some strong fishing line and some Glue remover is all you will need.. THEn do not park next to anyone at the mall....
  3. Jeremy09LTZCrew

I already park as far away from people as I can. If I don't have that option (like during holiday shopping) I try to find a car that's worth more than my truck to park next to on the assumption they don't want to mess up their car either. What I REALLY hate is when you go out of your way to park far out and then walk back out to find ONE car parked right next to you.

I guess my biggest concern is just the final look. I do want it to look clean and unique. I don't want it to look naked like something's missing. I think things like fender flares, when I finally get some, would help a lot. And hey, maybe I'll be lucky enough to with the EGR flares in the contest. Then when I get back, I'll just do the flares and the mouldings around the same time.
  4. MTM

MTM New Member

They have an eraser wheel that you can buy from your local auto parts store that works great. Its a wheel that goes on a drill and it will remove all the glue from the body. I've used it before and works great
  5. Jeremy09LTZCrew

Right, I've read most of the threads on here regarding how to do it and I'm not too worried about that. Seems straight forward enough. My question is more along the lines of what it looks like after. I haven't come across any NNBS trucks that have the mouldings removed. I tried working it up in paint, but paint isn't exactly perfect for that.
  6. moogvo

moogvo Moderator

... and I am that guy that will park next to you in the outfield. LOL! I am no danger, really because I don't want to bang my door up any more than you want me to bash into your truck with it... and I assume that when someone parks out there, that at least one side of my truck is protected!

(I do it more to be aggravating, though! LOL!)
  7. MTM

MTM New Member

Here are a few that i found hope this helps and gives you a good idea

images (1).jpg images.jpg ou7fo5.jpg
  8. ahmitchell1

ahmitchell1 New Member

There tons of tape under there it's a pain I'm doing it now
  9. MTM

MTM New Member

^^^^^Yours will look so bad ass without trim
  10. Jimmeh

Jimmeh New Member

Personally, I think if it's color matched or compliments the truck, leave it if it's not falling off.
  11. Jeremy09LTZCrew

Thanks MTM, that's perfect. I was having trouble finding the same thing.
  12. AMac

AMac New Member

This is also an idea I've been toying with since my moldings seem to have a light texture to them. I scoped out a few silverados on the road and they seemed to have the same issue. At the gas station last week I was tempted to ask a lady if I could check out her moldings but she might find me to be odd...LOL
    [MENTION=14375]jeremy[/MENTION]09LTZCrew do you have this same issue or are yours smooth? I really like the look of the moldings on my '09 Sierra which had a thin chrome strip on top of the molding. Those moldings were also smooth to the touch.
  13. Jeremy09LTZCrew

Mine have been pretty smooth, but when I spend the time washing my truck, I can notice a slight difference in color and look between the two. Also, in my effort to get rid of all the chrome, I have to consider that chrome strip as well. Therefore, I can't decide whether to take the whole moulding off, or just the chrome. I'd start with the chrome obviously.

I just don't see a lot of our models without the mouldings, so it's harder to get an idea of what it will look like. The pictures from MTM helped though.
  14. LOVINTHESTORM

LOVINTHESTORM New Member

I think it would look better. Got plains of doing it myself to my Sierra.I say go for it.