NNBS Moulding Removal...

Discussion in 'Chevy Truck Accessories' started by Jeremy09LTZCrew, Apr 24, 2012.

1. Jeremy09LTZCrew

Jeremy09LTZCrew Epic Member 5+ Years 1000 Posts

Thanks MTM, that's perfect. I was having trouble finding the same thing.
  2. AMac

AMac Rockstar 3 Years GMTC Chick 500 Posts ROTM Winner

This is also an idea I've been toying with since my moldings seem to have a light texture to them. I scoped out a few silverados on the road and they seemed to have the same issue. At the gas station last week I was tempted to ask a lady if I could check out her moldings but she might find me to be odd...LOL
    [MENTION=14375]jeremy[/MENTION]09LTZCrew do you have this same issue or are yours smooth? I really like the look of the moldings on my '09 Sierra which had a thin chrome strip on top of the molding. Those moldings were also smooth to the touch.
  3. Jeremy09LTZCrew

Jeremy09LTZCrew Epic Member 5+ Years 1000 Posts

Mine have been pretty smooth, but when I spend the time washing my truck, I can notice a slight difference in color and look between the two. Also, in my effort to get rid of all the chrome, I have to consider that chrome strip as well. Therefore, I can't decide whether to take the whole moulding off, or just the chrome. I'd start with the chrome obviously.

I just don't see a lot of our models without the mouldings, so it's harder to get an idea of what it will look like. The pictures from MTM helped though.

LOVINTHESTORM Active Member 2 Years ROTM Winner 1000 Posts

I think it would look better. Got plains of doing it myself to my Sierra.I say go for it.