1. Welcome To GMTruckClub.com!

The #1 Chevy Truck Forum Online
    Online since 2004, we are the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV forum and user community. If you have any questions about your Chevy or GMC Truck, SUV or Crossover, or just want to connect with other GM owners and enthusiasts around the world, you've found the best place on the internet to do that.

Join Today ~ It's Free
    Registering is Free and Easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

NNBS silverado tow mirrors on NBS silverado

Discussion in 'Chevy Truck Accessories' started by reggiecab2000, May 14, 2013.

1. reggiecab2000

reggiecab2000 Member

and its done!
    but theres good news and bad news...

before:

IMG_2794 (640x480).jpg
    IMG_2795 (480x640).jpg IMG_2796 (480x640).jpg

half way:

IMG_2797 (640x480).jpg

after:

IMG_2798 (640x480).jpg

anyone notice the UNsymmetricalness of the two mirrors here?

IMG_2799 (480x640).jpg IMG_2800 (480x640).jpg

heres a better view...

IMG_2801 (640x480).jpg

obviously something isnt right, i contacted the company that i bought these from and am hoping they will respond soon, because its is the little things like this that irritate the heck outta me...

but overall, I freaking love these things!!!! I can see so much amazingly better and can now utilize my passenger side to parallel park and see my right rear tire and how close it gets to the curb, I am in love with these things, but obviously i would be 100% satisfied were it not for this flaw...

I do plan on doing the tow mirror leveling mod to just for aesthetics purposes and I will post whenever I do it.

cheers!
  2. SurrealOne

SurrealOne Former Member 1000 Posts

I can't tell if it's the angle of the photos or the mirrors that causes it to look like this. I'm thinking it's the angle of the photos, because if you look at your photo with OEM mirrors, they look asymmetrical, too.
  3. reggiecab2000

reggiecab2000 Member

i agree that the angle of the picture taken for the "before" was not dead center, but i just went back through my photo collection of my truck and i have a few that are dead center in front and the old mirrors are, in fact, symmetrical.
    also, for the new ones its that last picture, from the top view, that really shows you something is different between the two...
  4. Sierraowner5.3

Sierraowner5.3 Active Member 1000 Posts

looks good. im assuming you checked all of the mounting area? one of mine didnt want to sit right until i did some wiggling on it.

Alex
  5. RayVoy

RayVoy Active Member 1000 Posts

I can't tell which is wrong, I think it's the driver's side. But, I'm with [MENTION=44531]Sierraowner5.3[/MENTION] I think one side is not quite in place.
  6. reggiecab2000

reggiecab2000 Member

did all that earlier today after my last exam, still nothing changed...

if i could get an angle finder....

assuming the side of the truck is a straightline forward, I bet the drivers side mirror sits at about 75 degrees, while the passenger side mirror sits at about 45-50 degrees.... if yall get what im saying, i dont really know which one is wrong seeing that it could be either lol
  7. Sierraowner5.3

Sierraowner5.3 Active Member 1000 Posts

you can adjust the angle the mirrors sit on the truck. not entirely sure thats what you are referring to. the up down angle looks off as well.

wish i could see it in person.

Alex
  8. Are you referring to up & down or front & back? Maybe both? lol

I know this write up can help the up and down.

How To Level Tow Mirrors
  9. reggiecab2000

reggiecab2000 Member

i know the up and down can be leveled, i will be doing that later, but its the open angle im talking about, like the angle in which they are positioned outward from the truck
  10. pmf608

pmf608 Active Member 1000 Posts

I really like those mirrors! I drove a rental truck that had them last year and I want a set.

After looking at pictures of a bunch of trucks for sale with those mirrors, that seems to be the way GM had them on the 06-07classic trucks as well. My duramax has the older generation of trailer mirrors - the manual "camper type mirrors" not the power folding ones, and the passenger mirror of that style also sits at a narrower angle. I think it has to do with making the mirror more visible to the driver. If the mirror were more flat, you would have to have the glass tilted really far inward, which would expose the edge and possibly the back of the glass on the outside edge while the inside edge of the mirror body would block your view of the inside edge of the mirror. Just my opinion on why this is, since it appears to me to be normal.