1. Welcome To GMTruckClub.com!

The #1 Chevy Truck Forum Online
    Online since 2004, we are the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV forum and user community. If you have any questions about your Chevy or GMC Truck, SUV or Crossover, or just want to connect with other GM owners and enthusiasts around the world, you've found the best place on the internet to do that.

Join Today ~ It's Free
    Registering is Free and Easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

NNBS silverado tow mirrors on NBS silverado

Discussion in 'Chevy Truck Accessories' started by reggiecab2000, May 14, 2013.

1. RayVoy

RayVoy Active Member 1000 Posts

I was driving behind a 2500 this morning, both mirrors appear to be square to the perpendicular.

I now think the driver's side is good and the passenger side is top in and needs to be turned out, perhaps the bottom stud is not pulled in to the door frame.
  2. JimmyA

JimmyA Member

Good info!
  3. Sierraowner5.3

Sierraowner5.3 Active Member 1000 Posts

you can adjust the forward and back pivot on the mirrors as far as folding them goes. there is a small cover over the hub that the arms of the mirrors connects to. inside are some torx screws that you can adjust the tension on. there are "stops" that will hold the mirror at a certain angle, or you can tighten the screws to hold them in or out more. if you need more info, let me know, ill take some pics of mine.

found this out when i bought my mirrors. One of them was at an odd angle and would not pivot.

Alex
  4. reggiecab2000

reggiecab2000 Member

i was in san antonio this weekend and saw a nice white crew cab silverado, probably 2002... well he had the mirrors i have, so i got out of my truck and looked at his side to side, low and behold, his sit just like mine.... is this really how they designed them?
  5. SurrealOne

SurrealOne Former Member 1000 Posts

Something tells me you're considering going back to OEM?
  6. pmf608

pmf608 Active Member 1000 Posts

i still stand by my belief that gm probably designed the originals that way too. I played with my earlier ones a bit (the non-power camper mirrors available from gm from 99-07) and found that if I moved the passenger one to a normal angle so that it wasn't swept back, the pivot on the mirror glass didn't have enough movement to angle the glass to where I could see directly behind me. Based on this, I'm fairly certain it is part of the design for the mirrors to be swept back like that so that the glass doesn't have to be angled as much in relation to the mirror itself.
  7. reggiecab2000

reggiecab2000 Member

i would like some info on this adjustment, or pictures at least... thanks!

HECK NO!
    the amount of visibility i have gained with these tow mirrors is something i cannot do without now!

i get exactly what your saying, and it does make sense, but Ill just have to figure it out with my setup. if the mirrors could be symmetrical and have enough adjustment I would be happy, but if not, oh well its just something i get to bicker about the rest of my life lol
  8. Sierraowner5.3

Sierraowner5.3 Active Member 1000 Posts

ill try and get you some pictures when i get home from work today.

Alex
  9. TheBADASSBOWTIE

TheBADASSBOWTIE New Member

10. JimmyA

JimmyA Member