1. Welcome To GMTruckClub.com!

The #1 Chevy Truck Forum Online
    Online since 2004, we are the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV forum and user community. If you have any questions about your Chevy or GMC Truck, SUV or Crossover, or just want to connect with other GM owners and enthusiasts around the world, you've found the best place on the internet to do that.

Join Today ~ It's Free
    Registering is Free and Easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

No A/C please help me get cool

Discussion in 'General Chevy & GM Tech Questions' started by bassalive, Apr 20, 2009.

1. bassalive

bassalive Rockstar 100 Posts

I went for a drive today in my 99 Tahoe and turned on the A/C fo the first time this spring and there was nothin. It seemed to work fine when I bought her in November but hadn't had it on since. Do I have to buy a couple of cans of that A/C recharge or what?
  2. vncj96

vncj96 Epic Member 5+ Years 1000 Posts

You should only need one can, just get one with the pressure gauge built into it, they are anywhere from $15-$20 at oreillys, my suburban didnt even take a full can last summer when I did it so one should be fine, check around the compressor and all the lines for any leaks too.
  3. Springthing

Springthing Epic Member 5+ Years 1000 Posts

'There was nothing' meaning.... no cold air? Or no air at all? Is the compressor engaging?
  4. catbert

catbert Rockstar

Sounds like a system leak. Always turn on the A/C for a couple minutes every couple weeks to lubricate the system, especially the seals. The older the vehicle, the more important that is.