1. Welcome To GMTruckClub.com!

The #1 Chevy Truck Forum Online
    Online since 2004, we are the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV forum and user community. If you have any questions about your Chevy or GMC Truck, SUV or Crossover, or just want to connect with other GM owners and enthusiasts around the world, you've found the best place on the internet to do that.

Join Today ~ It's Free
    Registering is Free and Easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

NO AC! Can't Hold Charge

Discussion in 'Chevy S10 Forum (GMC Sonoma)' started by spirittoo, May 28, 2012.

1. spirittoo

spirittoo New Member

Hi everybody ... My 96 S 10 will not keep the air cool ... after spending $500 getting it repaired it still won't stay cold! I had the condenser, compressor, and the drier replaced ... what else could it be?:grrrrrr:

Anyone have any idea what needs to be done ... I pretty much need a AC expert, because my mechanic hasn't been able to figure it out so far ... :no:

:gasp:
  2. kw70chevy

kw70chevy New Member

did you replace the orfice tube if it is pluged it will not cool
  3. spirittoo

spirittoo New Member

Worked for a short while

Hi there ... well sir ... the AC worked for a few rides ... don't drive it everyday. Do you think the line could have gotten plugged after the fact? My mechanic is checking it out tomorrow ... I will post the results ... Thanks for posting.
  4. kw70chevy

kw70chevy New Member

yes if you did not flush the system it will plug up the orfice tube.
  5. spirittoo

spirittoo New Member

Problem Solved :)

Well sir ... my mechanic check it out and it turn out the seal on the compressor tore ... once it was replaced the air works again. :great:
  6. Coach24

Coach24 New Member 1000 Posts

Thanks for the update. Sometimes new hoses are appropriate when doing the whole system.

Did you flush the lines while at it?
  7. spirittoo

spirittoo New Member

I don't know if they did that or not ... he didn't say.
  8. moogvo

moogvo Moderator 1000 Posts

The biggest problem people have with AC is leaky lines. Of the last several vehicles I have brought back from Crusherville, the only AC problem I ever came across was leaks. My '95 had several. I have fixed them as located and re-charged. each time, it works a bit longer than the previous time before the compressor begins cycling.
  9. spirittoo

spirittoo New Member

Thanks ... I will have to keep that in mind. :great: