1. Welcome To GMTruckClub.com!

The #1 Chevy Truck Forum Online
    Online since 2004, we are the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV forum and user community. If you have any questions about your Chevy or GMC Truck, SUV or Crossover, or just want to connect with other GM owners and enthusiasts around the world, you've found the best place on the internet to do that.

Join Today ~ It's Free
    Registering is Free and Easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

No Brake Lights

Discussion in 'General Chevy & GM Tech Questions' started by sidnaw59, Jul 1, 2009.

1. sidnaw59

sidnaw59 New Member

I have 1972 3/4 ton GMC 350 V8 truck. All of a sudden no brake lights. Checked bulbs, checked line into master cylinder. Cannot find brake swich under dash, fuse good, all other lights work. Any suggestions?

Thanks
  2. mayo

mayo New Member

check the grounds
  3. westcoastjay

westcoastjay New Member

yea sounds like a ground to me but double check the fuse as well, I swore my fuse was good last week and sure enough I was taking the wrong one out (*blushing*) then I asked my self why? and to further, sure enough I had pinched a line on my bike trailer that was causing it to "pop"( 5 fuses later) I felt dumb! :whistle:
  4. bob13

bob13 Epic Member 5+ Years 1000 Posts

Isn't the switch right at the brake pedal on that year? How about turn signals, hazards. Meaning do the tail lights light up. If yes to all I'd say switch, if not a ground.