1. Welcome To GMTruckClub.com!

The #1 Chevy Truck Forum Online
    Online since 2004, we are the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV forum and user community. If you have any questions about your Chevy or GMC Truck, SUV or Crossover, or just want to connect with other GM owners and enthusiasts around the world, you've found the best place on the internet to do that.

Join Today ~ It's Free
    Registering is Free and Easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

No Chiming Noise?

Discussion in 'Chevy Silverado Forum (GMC Sierra)' started by Jomodeere, Jul 1, 2009.

1. Jomodeere

Jomodeere New Member

Hello all! I have an 05 silverado ext cab and the chiming noise when i open the door has suddenly just disappeared. It was working about a week ago and now it and the speaker sound has disappeared. About a month ago my door started to sag so i got my dad to help me tighten the henges back up and get it right. The only sound that comes from the speaker when the music plays is the words and beat, but no bass. Any help is appreciated thanks!:glasses:
  2. vncj96

vncj96 New Member 1000 Posts

I would check all the wires that run into the door, with your door sagging it might have nicked something, if no luck I would start at the back of the head unit and check those wires. The door chimes are set throught the stereo wiring.
  3. pmf608

pmf608 Active Member 1000 Posts

the speaker issue, im not sure about - it could be a bad speaker or a bad stereo. im not sure....

I had the same issue with the chime. For the longest time, i assumed it was because i had replaced the factory radio. Until i found one fuse was burnt out. Check on your truck, interior left side fuse block, for a fuse labeled INT PRK. My manual did not have any description of what it actually did, and when i found it was dead and replaced it, i was suprised by having my chime come back. hope this helps.
  4. Jomodeere

Jomodeere New Member

ok thanks. Im pretty sure my speaker is busted :/ but ill definately check it out!
  5. Trask215

Trask215 New Member

Sounds like it. I sometimes wish that I could turn off my dinger. I know if you press the latch in the door it will shut off but you have to remember to release the latch before you try shutting it. Do check the fuse though before you start replacing speakers.