No competitors for the Tacoma...

Discussion in 'The Coffee Shop ~ Chit Chat' started by Barnettamb, Jun 28, 2013.

Newest Photos

1. Barnettamb

Barnettamb New Member

No other truck company has a truck that competes with the tacoma... Chevrolet could do a much better job with the colorado...

I don't see why they won't make a small to mid-sized pickup and keep it more rugged. im talkin cloth seats rubber floors. it needs a fully boxed frame.
    offer it with options like:
    either a nice size v8 or a diesel 4 cylinder for gas milage
    5 speed automatic or MANUAL transmission...some people still like stick shifts but dont want to have to buy a toyota to get one...
    it needs a 4x4 lever, not any push button crap.
    they should offer it with locking diffs but not automatic ones b/c mine doesnt ever come on when i need it

basically a small to midsized truck that is tough as nails and looks good (but rugged) on the outside and the inside.

do yall think something like that would be successful and do you have any ideas?

- - - Updated - - -

maybe they could name it the cheyenne
  2. tbplus10

tbplus10 Super Moderator Staff Member Platinum Contributor 1000 Posts 100 Posts

For guys like you it would be wildly popular, the problem is your the minority and auto mfgrs have found making everything automatic is what the majority of the public wants, it sells trucks.
    Btw I still own my 99 Tacoma with "J" shift t case, 5 speed manual, owner installed locking hubs, yea it has pwr windows, locks, tilt, cruise, and am/fm cd, and a/c, but ya gotta let me have some luxuries I still drive it to the trails and sometimes there over an hour drive.
    Bought that truck new in 99 because every other model truck was going full auto, even t cases, kept it on 2011 when I bought my new truck because everything still works like it should and it goes into 4x4 when I want it to.
  3. Barnettamb

Barnettamb New Member

yeah i think toyota does a great job with there options. You are probably right...there aren't many people out there who still want a manual, but i personally think the colorado kinda sucks and they could do a much better job on a truck that size. my friend has a tacoma like you just described and it is a great truck.