No drive in 2H or 4H - Transfer Case Problem?

Discussion in 'Chevy C/K Truck Forum' started by fishnchipsx2, Dec 12, 2013.

1. edsmagichands

edsmagichands Member 1 Year 100 Posts

MOD's description says filled with a fluid that turns to gas when heated. wonder if that's the newer version you referred to?

2. RayVoy

RayVoy Well-Known Member 2 Years 1000 Posts

Ed, sorry....you didn't step on my toes and I did not intend to step on yours, sorry. I didn't know what you were talking about. I had no experience with this electrical thermal actuator. I have roamed around on the net and I am now aware. Do not fully understand the whys and wherefores of the device, but I did see where the designed actuation time was up to 30 seconds.

I should have typed that I did not follow you, instead of using the question marks. I have learned something thank you.

3. edsmagichands

edsmagichands Member 1 Year 100 Posts

No worries Ray. If I am wrong I WANT someone to correct me. after all, as i have said before, knowledge is the most important tool in my toolbox! I have never liked written communications as it seems easy to misunderstand the authors intent, as it seems i did. I look forward to future posts from you as i am sure you can teach me a thing or two.

4. fishnchipsx2

fishnchipsx2 New Member

I've just counted my gear teeth as my glovebox sticker was damaged - I figure the ratio to be 41/11 = 3.73.

Just to clarify, will any 3.73 rear end (with 6-lug hubs) from any GMC/Chevy 1500, 1988-1998 be expected to fit, regardless of engine size and whether it's 2wd/4wd? (Mine is a 5.7)

5. RayVoy

Go back and read post #24. [MENTION=51590]Pikey[/MENTION] gave you the gear RPO codes. Look on the glove box door for a matching code.

6. BurbanMan

BurbanMan Member 1 Year 500 Posts

the sticker was damaged so it did him no good..

7. RayVoy

I'm not rereading the thread to see if this has been suggested, but he could run the VIN