1. Welcome To GMTruckClub.com!

The #1 Chevy Truck Forum Online
    Online since 2004, we are the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV forum and user community. If you have any questions about your Chevy or GMC Truck, SUV or Crossover, or just want to connect with other GM owners and enthusiasts around the world, you've found the best place on the internet to do that.

Join Today ~ It's Free
    Registering is Free and Easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

No electrical power / 1999 Chevy Suburban

Discussion in 'Chevy C/K Truck Forum' started by heritageba, Mar 25, 2007.

1. heritageba

heritageba New Member

I have a 1999 Chevy Suburban with a 350 engine. When I went to start it today it has no power including no lights, electric door locks, etc. I took out the battery and charged it fully and there is still no power to any part of the system. Thanks for your help.
  2. ChevyFan

ChevyFan Administrator Staff Member 5+ Years 5000 Posts

No power to anything? Check the battery ground?
  3. unplugged

unplugged Epic Member 5+ Years 1000 Posts

Fusible link? Check for power at the starter? Using a voltmeter start at the battery work your way to the starter and then the fuse panel to identify where power is lost.:great:
  4. dwill3015

dwill3015 Epic Member 5+ Years ROTM Winner 1000 Posts

Is it a fairly new battery? I know I have tried to charge a bead battery before with no luck no matter how long I left the charger on it. Just a thought :neutral:
  5. Cableguy

Cableguy Epic Member 5+ Years ROTM Winner 1000 Posts

Being a technician myself I would subscribe to this theory myself. Chase power back starting at battery.