1. Welcome To GMTruckClub.com!

The #1 Chevy Truck Forum Online
    Online since 2004, we are the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV forum and user community. If you have any questions about your Chevy or GMC Truck, SUV or Crossover, or just want to connect with other GM owners and enthusiasts around the world, you've found the best place on the internet to do that.

Join Today ~ It's Free
    Registering is Free and Easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

No fuel with no oil pressure

Discussion in 'General Chevy & GM Tech Questions' started by 70boss302, Aug 22, 2008.

1. 70boss302

70boss302 New Member

I own a 2006 Chevy 1500 HD with a 6.0L. The truck ran fine when I parked it at work but would not start when I got off. I checked and had no steady fuel pressure to the injectors, I sprayed some carb cleaner in the intake and it ran, so I changed the fuel pump and still no luck, I then noticed that if I ran it with carb cleaner I had no oil pressure and my gas gauge was reading empty, I just changed the pump so I know I have 1/2 a tank. Any help on this would be really appreciated! Thanks in advance. Terry
  2. collinsperformance

collinsperformance Epic Member 5+ Years 500 Posts

might be ok as the motor needs to run a 10-30 sec for oil pressure. are you getting power to the pump? migh have a bad fuel pump relay. did you reconnect the pump and guage plug?.....mike
  3. 70boss302

70boss302 New Member

re: no fuel or oil pressure

The fuel pump initially primes and I can hear the relay kicking on for 3 secs, is there a possibility that the oil pressure switch shuts off the fuel so you cannot damage the engine?