1. Welcome To GMTruckClub.com!

The #1 Chevy Truck Forum Online
    Online since 2004, we are the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV forum and user community. If you have any questions about your Chevy or GMC Truck, SUV or Crossover, or just want to connect with other GM owners and enthusiasts around the world, you've found the best place on the internet to do that.

Join Today ~ It's Free
    Registering is Free and Easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

No Head Lights / Wheres the fuse ?

Discussion in 'Chevy S10 Forum (GMC Sonoma)' started by Tricountylawn, Oct 10, 2012.

1. Tricountylawn

Tricountylawn New Member

Hey guys, go figure soon as I register to ask some questions about my C/K my S10 has issues. So no headlights and no turn signals. I check every fuse in the dash and they were all fine. I couldn't find a fuse box under the hood. The only thing I found was a terminal on the drivers side fender that had several wires with what looked like in-line fuses. Is this correct. Any help is appreciated.
  2. moogvo

moogvo Moderator 1000 Posts

Your headlights operate through a 30 amp circuit breaker... Not a fuse. It should be self-resetting unless you have a problem
  3. Tricountylawn

Tricountylawn New Member

Thanks, What would be the best way to trouble shoot this? Or what would cause this?
  4. Revredneck

Revredneck New Member

What year is your S10?
    If it's an earlier series, the breaker is built into the headlamp switch, but it only protects the headlamps. If you don't have anything, I'd be looking for an open circuit in the power feed to the switch. Those wires that look like in-line fuses are fusible links. The easiest way to check them is just give them a solid tug. A bad one will just pull in two, and you'll have to replace it. I suspect that's your problem. If it is, you'll need to check for the cause of the overload on the circuit.
    Good Luck and God Bless
  5. Tricountylawn

Tricountylawn New Member

Thanks, It looks like I do have turn signals and its just the headlights. I believe its a 94

[​IMG]
  6. 87silver

87silver New Member

There are 2 places that you can look. You will need a test light or VOM. Your S10 may have the instrument panel fuse block. It would be located behind a small door in the side of the instrument panel. It is visible when you open the driver's door. Circuit #7 feeds the headlamp relay. There may be another fuse block in the engine compartment. Open the cover and identify the circuit breaker labeled HDLP PWR. Check that voltage is present here.