1. Welcome To GMTruckClub.com!

The #1 Chevy Truck Forum Online
    Online since 2004, we are the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV forum and user community. If you have any questions about your Chevy or GMC Truck, SUV or Crossover, or just want to connect with other GM owners and enthusiasts around the world, you've found the best place on the internet to do that.

Join Today ~ It's Free
    Registering is Free and Easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

No Heat ~ all three zones in 2006 Suburban

Discussion in 'Chevy Suburban Forum (GMC Yukon XL)' started by maxattack2000, Sep 17, 2013.

Random Gallery Photos

1. maxattack2000

maxattack2000 New Member

Any help would be great, I have a 2006 suburban that blows cold air in all three zones(drivers, passanger, and rear) with the heat is turned on. This just happened on my way into work today so I havent checked the coolant level or replaced the thermostate. I have been reading alot about a blender door stuck or a bad accutator for the door. I was curious if all three zones are not getting heat could it still be the blender door, or I am looking at more of a heater core thermostate problem? Any help and or suggestions would be great help.

Thank you,

Jason
  2. Pikey

Pikey Moderator Staff Member 1000 Posts 100 Posts

if your engine temp is fine then I would not consider the thermostat. You may have an issue with the fresh air door actuator. I believe that the blend door actuator only controls where the air blows from, ie.. floor, dash, defrost. Try pulling the fuse for the hvac. Leave it out for a few minutes. Put it back in, turn your key forward and then turn on the hvac system. After the system is turned, do not touch anything. Just listen, you should hear the actuators moving, wait about a minute. That should recalibrate your actuators.
  3. RayVoy

RayVoy Active Member 1000 Posts 100 Posts

Did you check the coolant level?

When coolant is low, there isn't sufficient to be pushed into the HVAC coils.