1. Chevy Truck Forum

Welcome To GMTruckClub.com!

The #1 Chevy Truck Forum Online

Online since 2004, we're the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV user community. If you have any questions about your Chevy or GMC Truck, SUV or Crossover, or just want to connect with other GM owners and enthusiasts around the world, you've found the best place on the internet to do that.

Join Today ~ It's Free

Registering is Free and Easy! Do it today and we'll see you on the forums soon!

No Heat [Expired Topic]

Discussion in 'Chevy Equinox Forum (GMC Terrain)' started by chevy_nox, Feb 19, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. chevy_nox

chevy_nox New Member

The heat went out in my wife's 05 Equinox last winter. Fortunately, we live in Houston and winters are generally mild an don't last that long. I am pretty sure it's the blend doors like all the others I have heard about.

Has anyone else had this issue?

What did you do to get it fixed?

How much was it? I have had quotes from $800 to $1300 for the labor to replace this $45 part.

Any help appreciated.

2. Geeezzz

Geeezzz New Member

when you switch to different modes do you hear the door move ... also, are you sure your thermostate is ok, if stuck open you won't get heat either.

3. chevy_nox

chevy_nox New Member

I took apart the dash enough to verify I can hear the door move, so I am pretty sure it's not the issue.

How can you tell if the thermostat is stuck open? Is it just a go in and put a new one in kind of thing?

4. Geeezzz

Geeezzz New Member

if its stuck open, the air temp will be luke warm at best and gauge will remain on the low side, with very little needle movment, when the thermostat operates correctly, the air temp is very hot and theres a fair bit of movement. the needle will in most cases will ride around half mark at the high end and just slightly above the 1/4 mark after the thermostat has opened.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.