no heat

Discussion in 'Chevy C/K Truck Forum' started by walemet, Dec 14, 2013.

1. walemet

walemet New Member

I have a '94 Suburban with a 350 c.i. Bypassed the rear heat and changed the t-stat. The radiator and front core are a year old and everything was working fine except for a leaky rear heat (which is why I bypassed it). It takes forever to get to 195 degrees if it even gets there. Heat is lukewarm at best. If I hold the throttle at 1500 rpm while parked I can reach 195. As soon as I start driving the temp drops to 130-140. Anyone have any thoughts? Thanks.

2. Guardrail

Guardrail Member

Air in the system or thermostat. I know you changed it, but that doesn't mean you got a good one. I've changed them before and had to change them again.

3. RayVoy

RayVoy Well-Known Member 2 Years 1000 Posts

One thread is lots, maybe a mod can combine them.

4. Albert

Albert New Member

It mostly happens when there is something wrong with the thermostat. Gaurdrail is right, replace this one too and see wether it helps or not.

5. cobra2end

cobra2end Rockstar 100 Posts

I had a problem with heat too on my 97. I switched to synthetic oil right before winter a few years back.
    I changed the thermastat 4 times and no change in heat. Had to do oil change and didn't have money for the good oil but didn't want to go to long on oil change so I got regular oil. After the oil change I had heat was crazy to think oil could keep the temp down that much but seems it did.

6. BurbanMan

BurbanMan Member 1 Year 500 Posts

Thermostat is stuck open. When it DOES reach 195* does it cool down again when you get moving?