1. Welcome To GMTruckClub.com!

The #1 Chevy Truck Forum Online
    Online since 2004, we are the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV forum and user community. If you have any questions about your Chevy or GMC Truck, SUV or Crossover, or just want to connect with other GM owners and enthusiasts around the world, you've found the best place on the internet to do that.

Join Today ~ It's Free
    Registering is Free and Easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

No Heat

Discussion in 'Chevy Silverado Forum (GMC Sierra)' started by dano8928, Aug 27, 2009.

1. dano8928

dano8928 New Member

When i turn the heater on all im gettin is cold air. where should i start lookin for the problem????
  2. ejohnson03

ejohnson03 New Member 1000 Posts

If the blower is not working on all speeds, you could look at replacing the Blower Motor Resister.

If the blower works on all speeds (including MAX), then it is most likely the Heater Core.

Is there any evidence of fluid or moisture on the passanger side under the glove box, dash, or on the carpet up on the firewall?
  3. dano8928

dano8928 New Member

Nope. no moisture at all. Ive also heard that the lines going through the fire wall could be air locked or even possibly the coolant is low. have you heard of that? i personally figured it would be the heater core too. but i thought id ask about any other ideas. maybe even the thermostat is shot?
  4. zubbiez

zubbiez New Member

how does your anti freeze look? I once bought a truck that un be know to me had some really dirty looking anti freeze, turned out to be a radiator stop leak some sneeky bastard had put in the truck. long story short that crap had pluged the heater core, I took the heater lines off and blew air threw them until they got unplugged. worked fine after that. oh and if the anti freeze is really dirty Id recommend flushing out the system wheen you blow out the heater core.
  5. Z71_guy

Z71_guy New Member 1000 Posts

i would try back flushing the heater core,
    take the heater hoses off at the firewall
    spray compressed air through not to much pressure tho you car rupture the heater core
    take the garden hose with a spray nozzle and fill her back up
    repeat