no heater fan on remote start

Discussion in 'GM Electrical Tech' started by henrys021500hd, Dec 22, 2013.

1. henrys021500hd

henrys021500hd Rockstar

Yesterday and today I started my 07 2500HD/ diesel and the heater blower did not turn on. I'm sure it always worked in the past. I tried it with the key and the heater fan ran. I sat in the truck and tried the autostart again and it sounded like the fan started then stopped. Any ideas?
    At the same time after I lent the truck to my neighbour to tow their horse trailer out of the field the service trailer brakes came on. When it stops snowing/ raining I will check the fuses. Thanks and Merry Christmas.

2. RayVoy

RayVoy Well-Known Member 2 Years 1000 Posts

Mine works the same when the outside temp is cold. I don't know the on/off temps, but when the air is cold the engine water temp needs to reach a certain point before the fan will turn on. Most of the time (when air is cold) I'm in the truck before the fan starts. I have waited for the water temp to get higher and the fan is blowing full blast on defrost. I guess the idea is to move only warm air.

3. henrys021500hd

henrys021500hd Rockstar

The fan comes on, but very slow speed, thanks. On my gas cars/ trucks the fan comes on on high. It's funny I never noticed the fan not on, Merry Christmas to all.

4. Glad you figured it out before you started tearing in to anything :)

5. RayVoy

RayVoy Well-Known Member 2 Years 1000 Posts

Mine will use high under certain conditions. This morning, the truck was covered with ice (at least 1/2"), I used the remote to start the thaw. It ran for about 10 mins and shut off (this is normal), I restarted it (I was working on the windshield), and the 2nd time, the fan kicked into high right away. It would be interesting to see the program that GM uses.