Newest Gallery Photos

1. Welcome To GMTruckClub.com!

The #1 Chevy Truck Forum Online
    Online since 2004, we are the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV forum and user community. If you have any questions about your Chevy or GMC Truck, SUV or Crossover, or just want to connect with other GM owners and enthusiasts around the world, you've found the best place on the internet to do that.

Join Today ~ It's Free
    Registering is Free and Easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

No Light under the Hood????

Discussion in 'Chevy Silverado Forum (GMC Sierra)' started by JeffsChevy, Feb 9, 2013.

1. JeffsChevy

JeffsChevy New Member

I just Bought a 2013 Chevy 2500hd. Crewcab 4X4 Z71. I Love the Truck.....however while instlling the Hood Bug Shield ....I noticed it did not have a Hood Light...... I thought for sure there would have been a Hood Light..... I know that they use3d to have Hood Lights.
  2. Enkeiavalanche

Enkeiavalanche Rockstar 4 Years ROTM Winner 5000 Posts

02-03 were the last years.. Gm went cheap and the Government does not want Mercury switches used in Auto's anymore
  3. Conlan Rose

Conlan Rose Active Member 2 Years 1000 Posts

If you look on line they do make a kit. Or you could install a light with a switch.
  4. j cat

j cat Rockstar 4 Years 1000 Posts

you can find an old vehicle with this light. connect to the park light feed. fuse the feed at the source with a small fuse 5-10amp.
  5. barefoot greg

barefoot greg Rockstar 100 Posts

about a month or so ago someone started a thread about a shop that offered a LED light strip that mounted under the hood. It came with a pressure switch so it would come on when the hood was opened and cturn off when closed.

For the life of me i cant remember the name of the site but total cost was $30!!

Hopefully one of the other guys can remember who made it
  6. j cat

j cat Rockstar 4 Years 1000 Posts

that would be a good way to light up the engine compartment with little power required. they do sell these 12 volt led light systems. you could put the switch under the hood .
  7. SurrealOne

SurrealOne Former Member ROTM Winner 1000 Posts

8. shibby2oo8

shibby2oo8 Member 2 Years 100 Posts

I have an 01 so mine is mounted but if i were to install one the 90's trucks had a light on a retractable cord so you could shine on what you were working on, thats the light you should use.

- - - Updated - - -

One of these,

http://www.ebay.com/itm/220734484112?redirect=mobile
  9. Countrypride95

Countrypride95 New Member

Just go buy one of them peel em and stick em lights like you see in closets and put it under the hood. haha, problem solved! :wink:
  10. JeffsChevy

JeffsChevy New Member

Thanks Guys it gives me a few options. I am just blown away that as much as you will pay for something you would expect it would have been in place.